Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
klarkash-ton

Re: Chapter 4

Post by klarkash-ton »

"F**k this for a game of soldiers" utters Deccon as he runs down the passage after Asil.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Asil comes pelting out the hole, panting and backing away. "Rats! Huge rats!" he screams, the knuckles clutching the dagger blanching white. "Huge! Like dogs!"

Deccon, feeling that survival is the better part of valor, follows quickly behind him. Yet his armor is slowing him down while the giant rats chase after him in single file, thanks to the narrow walls. The lead rat closes the gap and attempt to bite Deccon before he can make it to the other opening.

Rat Bite: Attack [1d20] = 5 Damage [1d6-1] = 6-1 = 5

The frenzied rat snaps its long bloodied incisors and misses Deccon's leg by a mile (a very small mile)

The next round is going like this...

Asil and Deccon are out into the hallway. Five rats will be spilling out into the same hallway thirsting for fresh meat. There won't be any fight one rat in the opening at a time. They pile out, jumping and sliding over under and around each other. The group has initiative.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 0/DEAD

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"Sleep these f**kers Yilmaz!" screams Deccon as he shoots the nearest rat with his crossbow.

To hit with light x-bow: [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9, damage with light x-bow: [1d6-1] = 1-1 = 0

Eris

Post by Eris »

To Hit with Mace [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15, damage [1d6] = 3

Loren uses his mace like a golf club and bashes one of the rats in the jaw!

Then he rounds on another preparing to bash it as well!
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

OCC I'm going to wait a couple of days for Wouter to respond for Yilmaz. I've sent him a PM.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

OOC: No problem, I've a feeling we're gonna need old Yilmaz for this one!

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Sorry for the late reply, guys: I just came back from my summer holidays!

Yilmaz moves back but he fiercely raises his staff with both hands and mouths the words to his incantation of Sleep. His voice booms: "Let your puny rodent minds drift to places far beyond this world!"

Sleep spell affects: [2d6+3] = 6+3 = 9 less than 1 to 1+ HD creatures, [2d6] = 8 1+ to 2 HD creatures, [1d6] = 5 3+ to 4+1 HD creatures

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Deccon misses with his crossbow! A case of nerves after a harrowing chase through the tunnel?

The good cleric takes a swing with his mace and it connects with the giant rat's head...a sickening crunch and snapping of bone as the over-sized rodent flies off to one side of the hallway.

Yilmaz may be old but his fingers move deftly while speaking in a calm, measured voice...almost if he were humming a lullaby. The four remaining rats suddenly stumble, their heads shaking as if trying to dislodge the torpid state affecting them. One by one the critters slowly fall to the stone floor, each gripped by a magical malaise of sleep.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5

Eris

Post by Eris »

Loren says,"Good work Yilmaz! Asil let's dispose of these rats."
Loren makes sure the remaining rats are dead, then turns to Deccon, "What did you find down that rat hole?"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Deccon nods at Loren "This is for Bors" he says putting the vermin to the sword, alongside Loren's swinging mace.

After the deed is done, he informs the party of the grisly scene Asil and he discovered. "There were 11 rats in total, so less these 5 we've killed, there's at least another 6 in there feasting on poor Bor's remains. The tunnels continued past the location of Bors body so there could be more of them in there for all we know. That crude staircase has me intrigued, and no doubt we need to retrieve Bor's body for proper burial, but in those cramped conditions, outnumbered and with Yilmaz' magic spent, I think it would be unwise to proceed at this point. Bors was a tough bastard and he only managed to fell one of the wicked creatures before going down. I'm the last true sword-swinger in the group, if you ask me, we need to head back to town and re-group, see if we can recruit some new fighters to join the expedition."