Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Etarr_the_Good

Re: Chapter 4

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar walks into the Inn, surveying the patrons, looking for a place to sit, drink, observe, and listen.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Deccon notices the blonde newcomer, a fighting type judging by the mail and sword and balanced movement. He signals to the party with a head nod, gesture and shoulder shrug: "Check out this guy, could be what we're looking for?"

Eris

Post by Eris »

klarkash-ton wrote:Deccon notices the blonde newcomer, a fighting type judging by the mail and sword and balanced movement. He signals to the party with a head nod, gesture and shoulder shrug: "Check out this guy, could be what we're looking for?"
Loren nods,"Yes, he looks like just what we need."

The young cleric stands and goes over to the new fellow, "Well met stranger! I am called Brother Loren, an Acolyte of the Sun."

"Would you care to join my companions and myself at yon table?
" Loren asks, "May I buy you an ale?"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Looking Brother Loren in the eye, Balthar says "Greetings. My name is Balthar. I would appreciate that". Balthar follows Loren to the table of companions.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Etarr_the_Good wrote:Looking Brother Loren in the eye, Balthar says "Greetings. My name is Balthar. I would appreciate that". Balthar follows Loren to the table of companions.
Loren nods then turns to the barkeep and says, "An ale for Balthar and another for me."

Loren leads Balthar to the table, "Everyone, this is Balthar."

"This is Deccan, Yilmaz, and Asil."
the young cleric nods to each of his companions in turn.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz gives a friendly nod to Balthar: "Well met, warrior! I am Yilmaz the Old." He then nods at Asil: "And this strapping young lad right here is Asil Chander, my trusted syce. What brings you to this place?"

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar nods with a smile as the introductions are made. Greetings, all. I have come from the Northern lands - with no desire to return. It has been a long road but it has led me here. I seek adventure and will lend my sword to those who would have me. Balthar take gulps down some ale in a relatively civilized manner despite his upbringing.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"Aye Balthar, we can offer what you seek, and your sword is most welcome here. We recently lost a good man...well dwarf, who deserves vengeance and a proper burial. I've a mind to have a few ales in his memory, a good night's rest, then get back to unfinished business at first light."

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar lifts his ale mug and says, "I salute your fallen comrade. I would he honored to join your party, if I may. I am at your service. And the next round is on me. Share what details you can and I will join you at first dawn tomorrow.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Etarr_the_Good wrote:Balthar lifts his ale mug and says, "I salute your fallen comrade. I would he honored to join your party, if I may. I am at your service. And the next round is on me. Share what details you can and I will join you at first dawn tomorrow.
Loren leans forward and says quietly, "We are exploring some dungeons under an old ruin deep in the forest. The parts we have explored so far seem to be the crypts for a heretic sect of worshipers of the good god Sol. There are goblins infesting the place, gigantic rats and some undead. We have gathered little in the way of treasure so far, I'm sorry to say."

"Oh, and there is a bandit gang in the area that may hold a grudge against us."
Loren grins.

Loren asks the others, "Balthar should have an equal share like the rest of us, should he not?"