S&W Advanced white box player's handbook

Discuss Swords & Wizardry White Box - Rules questions, commentary, house rules
Zorram

S&W Advanced white box player's handbook

Post by Zorram »

I stumbled on to this cool book from a 4chan post (title of the book is in subject of this post). My question is does anyone know anything about it? Is it a legitimate book that is for sale somewhere or is it just free? It's a handy book if you haven't seen it. The copy I have is a 4th printing and it has copyrights for all the art but I see no copyright for the book it's self and the author left his name off so I'm assuming it's just a free book (public domain). Maybe someone here has some insight? It's a neat little book if it is free, then check it out. It says it was released in 2017.
:crazy:

merias
Site Admin

Re: S&W Advanced white box player's handbook

Post by merias »

I had never seen this but it was pretty easy to find, the first result when I did a search for the title. I did a quick skim and it looks like some of the material is directly copied from WB Heroes or the WB Omnibus. Other classes and material I have not seen for WB before. So it looks pretty useful!

I don't see a copyright or author either. There is no OGL, which would be required for a lot of this material. There is also no indication that the author had permission to use the art, so I wouldn't distribute it in this form. I suspect it was a pet project that the author just wanted to give away so others could use it. Not truly personal domain, but easy enough to find. :D

Zorram

Post by Zorram »

:) That's good enough for me! :thumbup:
Thanks for another fast reply by the way, I appreciate it! :)

cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Yea I've seen this before as well. It looks really cool like a blending of BX and WB.

Yajin

Post by Yajin »

Funny I too found this the other day and noted that the author identification is absent and that stuff was liberally borrowed. It does look good though, and free. Need to save on my puter.