Discord/Facebook

A parent forum for communities of specific S&W-based games, each game will have a sub-forum here.
Yajin

Discord/Facebook

Post by Yajin »

Evenin’ everyone. Does S&W have an active Discord or FB? Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

merias
Site Admin

Re: Discord/Facebook

Post by merias »

I don't do FB, but maybe someone else here does and knows of any FB groups.

The only discord I know of for S&W is the Frog God one, which I suppose would be considered "official". But I have never ventured over there.

Yajin

Post by Yajin »

Roger. Since Matt Finch left FGG I am guessing there is no S&W discord. I’m not on Facebook either. Maybe this is the only space championing the game?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Yajin wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:48 pm
Maybe this is the only space championing the game?
I think so, the MeWe and Reddit S&W groups are dead. And I don't really see mention of S&W much in the bigger forums (OD&D, Dragonsfoot). Given the popularity of FMAG, it's too bad Matt never did anything more with WB. It always seemed to me that that game in particular had the most active community, but I think it wasn't really his thing, despite his name being attached to it (plus there was that whole falling out thing with Brave Halfling and Marv, which ended amicably enough but I think put a damper on 3rd party support for the game).

Yajin

Post by Yajin »

Interested in starting a discord? :D

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, if I were to do anything like that it would have to be an open-source equivalent that respects the user's privacy. Revolt seems promising but it looks like it is under heavy development still and may not be very stable.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:35 pm
Yajin wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:48 pm
Maybe this is the only space championing the game?
I think so, the MeWe and Reddit S&W groups are dead. And I don't really see mention of S&W much in the bigger forums (OD&D, Dragonsfoot). Given the popularity of FMAG, it's too bad Matt never did anything more with WB. It always seemed to me that that game in particular had the most active community, but I think it wasn't really his thing, despite his name being attached to it (plus there was that whole falling out thing with Brave Halfling and Marv, which ended amicably enough but I think put a damper on 3rd party support for the game).
There is a group on Facebook, and a couple decent OSR groups that still have S&W and FMAG top of mind. They're small, but dedicated. I keep the drumbeat on there for people to check out this place, because people do ask questions. I'm also one of the bigger FMAG evangelists on FB, and trying to do my part to keep up the cadence. I always feel great when someone who had no idea what S&W or FMAG was comes back and posts with a "Hey, that's cool, I'm getting this to try" or similar. Before I made it here I'd never heard of FMAG, and never paid a bit of attention to S&W. Between this and Basic Fantasy, this is the cornerstone of my RPG action.

Gabeprime

Post by Gabeprime »

Like badams30, I'm trying to spread the word between WB:FMAG and Basic Fantasy RPG.

On Facebook, we have the White Box FMAG group where I'm a mod. Please join and help increase the WB FMAG presence on FB. Look for the "White Box Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game" group on FB.

Jason_WPGL

Post by Jason_WPGL »

Yajin wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:56 am
Evenin’ everyone. Does S&W have an active Discord or FB? Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

There is an official FB group. It's called "Swords & Wizardry Official Group."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3137591783124560/

Matt Finch is the admin, so it's as official as it gets.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
www.WPGLodge.com