Best Swords and Wizardry Adventures and Campaigns?

A parent forum for communities of specific S&W-based games, each game will have a sub-forum here.
slo_matt

Best Swords and Wizardry Adventures and Campaigns?

Post by slo_matt »

I've been reading The Lost City of Barakus, and while it looks challenging to run, I think it could be fantastic for the right group.

The only other campaign I've read a lot of is Rappan Athuk, which does look awesome, but also deadly AF.

Which leads me to my question. Which published Swords and Wizardry adventures and campaigns do you like the most? Have you actually played them or just read them? Or are there other published campaigns and adventures you feel convert well?

Enquiring GMs want to know.

merias
Site Admin

Re: Best Swords and Wizardry Adventures and Campaigns?

Post by merias »

Only speaking of White Box here - I really like and have had fun running the Phoenix Barony. I've also played in the Willowford campaign setting in the WB adventure the Wererat's Well. I did a PbP here that was Grimmsgate set in Blackmarsh. Outside of that my S&W worlds have been homebrew.

Narmer

Post by Narmer »

merias wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:14 am
Only speaking of White Box here - I really like and have had fun running the Phoenix Barony. I've also played in the Willowford campaign setting in the WB adventure the Wererat's Well. I did a PbP here that was Grimmsgate set in Blackmarsh. Outside of that my S&W worlds have been homebrew.
I was actually going to mention these two small settings. I really like The Phoenix Barony. It has a lot of potential for adventure.

The Willowford Campaign, found in the Whitebox Omnibus, has the Willow Valley Gazetteer detailing the area, the Wererat's Well and two other adventures that fit into the history of the area. I really like the Whitebox Omnibus in general for all of its content.

Unfortunately, though, I haven't had to opportunity to GM or play in either setting.

Gabeprime

Post by Gabeprime »

Another White Box campaign setting I want to try some day is David Okum’s The Kingdom of Richard. It’s a nice classic fantasy setting that’s well illustrated.

Narmer

Post by Narmer »

Gabeprime wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:05 am
Another White Box campaign setting I want to try some day is David Okum’s The Kingdom of Richard. It’s a nice classic fantasy setting that’s well illustrated.
I like that one too. Interesting setup with a lot of good threads to follow. The politics of the kingdom. The inter-kingdom rivalries. The lack of harmony between humans, dwarves and elves.