Conversions of Pathfinder 1e Fiends

A parent forum for communities of specific S&W-based games, each game will have a sub-forum here.
Persimmon

Conversions of Pathfinder 1e Fiends

Post by Persimmon »

Okay, so I'm revising an old Apocalyptic/journey through the Infernus campaign I wrote some time back and converting it over to Swords & Wizardry from AD&D. It's a huge project; the original took around 15 years to write. But over the past 12 years or so since I finished the original, I've picked up lots of new supplements, monster books, etc and I finally decided to expand my campaign to add all this cool new stuff. In particular, I love the fact that S&W doesn't really distinguish between the various fiend races as I like the idea of just a cosmic battle between law and chaos, rather than that lame Blood War concept for AD&D 2e. So now I have materials spanning several game systems to convert over to S&W. I can do this, of course, but given the huge number of Pathfinder 1e creatures in p[articular and how long that stuff has been around, I was curious if anyone in the community had already converted some or all of the various fiend races to S&W stats?
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult

rredmond

Re: Conversions of Pathfinder 1e Fiends

Post by rredmond »

I can’t imagine anyone has done as much work on this as you! Impressive! Anything you can share?
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 2/3
Hold Person — 1/1
Updated: 3/23/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

Persimmon

Re: Conversions of Pathfinder 1e Fiends

Post by Persimmon »

Attronarch wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:31 am
Perhaps PATHFINDER 1E TO SWORDS & WIZARDRY and PATHFINDER 2E TO SWORDS & WIZARDRY CONVERSION documents might be of some aid?
This is helpful. A bit overwhelmed with the sheer number of creatures to deal with. So far the revision is going well; I'm about 250 (handwritten) pages into it. But the original is over 2300 pages long so it will likely be many years before I finish, as I'm going to add maybe 25-30% extra new material.
"Behind closed eyes, realize your sight."--Blue Oyster Cult