WB:FMAG - italian translation

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
zeruhur

WB:FMAG - italian translation

Post by zeruhur »

Hi everyone, I'm Roberto
out of simple desire to contribute to the growing Italian OSR community, I am committed to translating as much material under open license as possible.
So far I have translated Cepheus Engine and some derivatives, Quintessential BX, Tunnel Goons, The GLOG and I am collaborating on the revision of BFRPG.
My first love, however, remains WB:FMAG and I would very much like to bring it to the Italian public, obviously for free.
I don't know how to contact Charlie Mason, but I saw him frequent this forum and so I took the courage to write this post publicly in an attempt to reach him.

merias
Site Admin

Re: WB:FMAG - italian translation

Post by merias »

Hello Roberto! That is great news about an Italian translation. I have not heard from Charlie in some time, hopefully he reads this and can reply. You can also try sending him a private message through this forum.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

This is wonderful news! It is great that you are doing that, Roberto!

zeruhur

Post by zeruhur »

I've finally reached Charlie on the odd74 board! He kindly endorsed the project.

The Italian translation of White Box is titled La Scatola Bianca and is published on itch.io and at cost price on amazon and lulu

https://ita-translation-alliance.itch.i ... ola-bianca

The reaction of Italian players has been very positive (considering that in our country OSR is a very small niche), so we're already thinking about an "advanced rules" tome that might come out in late summer!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Congratulazioni

This is wonderful news. It is a really great game and can be easily modified with house rules to create your ideal game. Let us know how things are going. The people on the forum (especially Merias) are happy help with any questions.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Great news Roberto! I'm impressed your itch.io page has the various source formats available, that is great and I am sure will encourage fixes and spin-offs.

zeruhur

Post by zeruhur »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:46 pm
Let us know how things are going.
the first and best feedback we received was from a dad who told us that the manual was already in the hands of his 14-year-old daughter.
"the next generation is coming" was his summation.
and I must admit that I was deeply moved because I wanted to bring these rules to the Italians with the secret desire that they could reach the youngest.
That news repaid me for the days of work on the layout!
merias wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:04 pm
various source formats available
for me it is very important to enhance the open format of the OGL leaving the full freedom (within the limits of the license, of course) to be able to acquire and manipulate the text

the group that I founded together with other BFRPG translators, the Italian Translation Alliance, has as its mission to bring as many games with open license as possible

we have recently translated Blackmarsh with the approval of Rob Conley, which has had a warm welcome.

zeruhur

Post by zeruhur »

A small update. So far La Scatola Bianca (aka The White Box) was downloaded 512 times and "selled" (it's a print at cost) 249 copies on Amazon. For an OSR game in Italy is a remarkable result that sincerely surprised us!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

That is really good news! Wonderful!