White Box Rules Update/Re-design

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
The Wanderer

Re: White Box Rules Update/Re-design

Post by The Wanderer »

Merias,
That looks great! I will add it to the next update.

Would you like to have a call out on the credits page? Something like "Special thanks to Merias" or something like that?
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The Wanderer wrote:Merias,
That looks great! I will add it to the next update.

Would you like to have a call out on the credits page? Something like "Special thanks to Merias" or something like that?
Sounds great, thanks! I'll update here if I find anything more.

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Merias, I just wanted to confirm with you.

So would you like a mention on the credits page? Something like "special thanks to Merias"?

Do you want me to use that name or your real name or something else?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Great, I've been hoping for a re-design of White Box! I love the added bits from Underworld & Wilderness Adventures and merias' Essential Adventuring rules are a very welcome addition as well. I'm not exactly crazy about the font of the headings and some other layout/typesetting stuff, though. What's the estimated release date? I'd like to purchase a copy once it's done :)

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Wouter wrote: What's the estimated release date? I'd like to purchase a copy once it's done :)
I'm currently waiting on a proof print copy from Lulu. I plan on doing one more revision to the PDF and then the POD should be released. So maybe a week or 2? I'll post here when its ready.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

The Wanderer wrote:
Wouter wrote: What's the estimated release date? I'd like to purchase a copy once it's done :)
I'm currently waiting on a proof print copy from Lulu. I plan on doing one more revision to the PDF and then the POD should be released. So maybe a week or 2? I'll post here when its ready.
Nice :)

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

So, what do you guys think of these candidate covers? (posted at http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.nl/)

I like the gritty, low-magic, somber tone of the first one, but the second one definitely has a certain appeal as well.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I really like both...I suppose the Dragon has a broader appeal and fits what most people think of as "White Box D&D" - the fantastic and heroic, all in one picture. That said, I'd love to play in the dark, gritty campaign inspired by the former.

Mach Front

Post by Mach Front »

I do love the art of the first, but I think the second makes a much, much better cover for White Box.

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

When I was making covers and looking for pictures that I like, I came to the conclusion that I'm just going to release multiple covers. That way people could pick the one they like the best.
There are some great RPGs out there that I really like but don't care for the covers, and I found myself wishing they had different covers to choose from.

Now as far as the gritty one goes. I ended up taking it off the list because of the bar/band at the bottom. That issue replicates the issue on the current S&W WhiteBox cover. So I didn't want to do that again with this version. But...

I was messing around with the image last night and I got it to work to cover the whole page. But I have since purchased the Lofgren red dragon cover. So I was thinking I could use the gritty cover for the next book, which I announced on the blog. What do you all think? Should I still use it as a cover for the main rule book or save it for the supplement? Also, I will say that I commissioned a cover (i'm spending way too much on this little project!) So as of now that will be 3 covers to choose; the black and white, red dragon and the commissioned one.