The White Box name?

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
The Wanderer

The White Box name?

Post by The Wanderer »

Since I have had a phone conversation with Matt where he said I could keep using the name White Box if I put a S&W compatibility logo on the cover; does anyone know if that can be changed by him later? Could he effectively call me a year from now and tell me I can no longer use it?
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/

foxroe

Re: The White Box name?

Post by foxroe »

Not a lawyer, but Matt is, so...

I could be mistaken, but I thought once a license of this sort is issued, and you properly reference it, it's a done deal. Matt can change his license all he wants, but it then becomes another license entirely. Maybe someone with some legal experience can verify that.

I can't imagine Matt would be so underhanded anyway. Why not just ask him?
- Fox

Mach Front

Post by Mach Front »

foxroe wrote:Not a lawyer, but Matt is, so...
True. Worth noting and thinking about.
foxroe wrote:I could be mistaken, but I thought once a license of this sort is issued, and you properly reference it, it's a done deal. Matt can change his license all he wants, but it then becomes another license entirely. Maybe someone with some legal experience can verify that.

I can't imagine Matt would be so underhanded anyway. Why not just ask him?
(Also) IANAL, but agreed. I'd imagine that as long as you adhere to only what the current license 'asks'/'demands' that's that.
Perhaps I'm wrong. If you asked my girlfriend that would seemingly be an alien experience for me but (shhh), it's not.

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Yeah, I just ended up asking Matt. It can not be revoked.
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/