Importing S&W classes into S&W FMAG

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
Zorram

Importing S&W classes into S&W FMAG

Post by Zorram »

I am just wondering if maybe you guys have an answer for me. I saw some of the other white box material and the 1st printing of white box use race as a class. FMAG splits it up into race and class seperately. My question is can I import the class straight from s&w whitebox to FMAG? more specifically, I stumbled on to the white box advanced player's guide and noticed a class for a barbarian I wanted to pilfer for my own House Rules. Any thoughts? :mrgreen:

merias
Site Admin

Re: Importing S&W classes into S&W FMAG

Post by merias »

Zorram wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:14 am
I am just wondering if maybe you guys have an answer for me. I saw some of the other white box material and the 1st printing of white box use race as a class. FMAG splits it up into race and class seperately.
In the 1st print white box (actually all the WB prints) race and class are technically separate, even though Dwarves and Halflings can only be Fighters, they are still of the Fighter class, not their own racial class. So it's more flexible than race-as-class, since as a ref you can add in e.g. Halfling Thieves or Dwarven Clerics. This is exactly what FMAG did, it expanded the class options a bit. The one option that WB has that is race-as-class is the Elf variant. But FMAG also keeps this option.
My question is can I import the class straight from s&w whitebox to FMAG? more specifically, I stumbled on to the white box advanced player's guide and noticed a class for a barbarian I wanted to pilfer for my own House Rules. Any thoughts? :mrgreen:
Yes! They should be able to be imported with no changes. There are also the classes in White Box Heroes that you can use as-is.

Zorram

Re: Importing S&W classes into S&W FMAG

Post by Zorram »

Sweet another supplement to add to my collection! :thumbup:
Thanks for letting me know about the conversions :mrgreen: I really want to add a barbarian!