Stuff that goes best with Whitebox FMAG

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
Yajin

Stuff that goes best with Whitebox FMAG

Post by Yajin »

Ah, while I’m not really a noob, I ‘spose I’m a noob here, so here goes! Does anyone have a list of what goes best with Whitebox FMAG, preferably in order of priority? I saw an omnibus on DrivethruRPG, also saw a cool looking zombie book. Looks like there is a lot I could acquire, looking for some sage advice.

My history: started with Holmes Basic in 1980 then straight to 1e. Been away for a long while, but I’m back DMing for my kids, nephews and niece. Have dabbled in Classic OSE and Basic Fantasy RPG, understanding that those are mainly B/X clones. Love the Whitebox FMAG vibe, back to where it all started. 🙂

merias
Site Admin

Re: Stuff that goes best with Whitebox FMAG

Post by merias »

White Box Omnibus is great as it has the Willow Valley intro setting and a few adventures included. There is also the Phoenix Barony which makes a great setting, same for Blackmarsh.

Also check out The Wizard's Scroll, a zine written by the author of WB FMAG. Sadly, there was only one issue (also it has one of my adventures in it). There are also charsheets and refsheets in the Seattle Hill Games store at DTRPG.

On my blog I have some FMAG resources, including my own refsheets and a player quickstart, free in various formats (scroll down a bit to see those).

White Box Heroes is great for extra classes and spells.

Yajin

Post by Yajin »

Wonderful, thank you. Really liking this forum!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Yajin wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:55 pm
Wonderful, thank you. Really liking this forum!
No problem! Let us know how your games go!