Basic Fantasy (BFRPG)
connivingsumo

Re: OOC Thread

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:28 am
tumblingdice wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:19 pm
Hey guys! Room for one more? I'd be happy to play a fighter.
Of course! I’ve been swamped this week so I’ll get this moving by the weekend!
Did you make final decisions about what House Rules/Character Builds you're going with, or are you still waiting on feedback?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Did you make final decisions about what House Rules/Character Builds you're going with, or are you still waiting on feedback?
[/quote]

Okay, sorry to take so long. Work has had me burning the candle at both ends, so I finally have some time this weekend to get working on THIS.

I'll post the house rules this weekend. I've had a couple questions on using some of the optional BFRPG classes, and I was initially leaning toward it, but then after thinking about the extra housekeeping, I'm thinking we'll stick with the standard classes as in the book. BUT - if you have an idea for a sort of archetype for your character (such as a ranger, barbarian, or similar) let's discuss it. What I'll likely do is have you play a regular class (such as fighter) and if you want an outdoorsman, then we'll give you some skills/abilities/bonuses/restrictions based on that archetype. Does that sound okay?

I do know this - I'm going to let clerics and magic users have casting on the fly, and if you have a cleric with a wisdom high enough to have a bonus, you'll be able to cast spells at first level. Haven't sorted out how I'll do spell progression after lv1, but we can sort that out.

So stand by - house rules and clarification coming!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

My other hold up has been that I had been cooking up my sandbox, and then this Kickstarter that I backed came in early and it has a neat little sandbox setting, so I'm weighing my options of running it in this new sandbox, or just plugging along. That'll be a game time decision...

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:51 pm
My other hold up has been that I had been cooking up my sandbox, and then this Kickstarter that I backed came in early and it has a neat little sandbox setting, so I'm weighing my options of running it in this new sandbox, or just plugging along. That'll be a game time decision...
Grab the bits that you like, file off the serial numbers (*wink*wink*), and go for it! Hehe

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

badams30 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:42 pm
I've had a couple questions on using some of the optional BFRPG classes, and I was initially leaning toward it, but then after thinking about the extra housekeeping, I'm thinking we'll stick with the standard classes as in the book. BUT - if you have an idea for a sort of archetype for your character (such as a ranger, barbarian, or similar) let's discuss it. What I'll likely do is have you play a regular class (such as fighter) and if you want an outdoorsman, then we'll give you some skills/abilities/bonuses/restrictions based on that archetype. Does that sound okay?
Sounds good!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm

So I think I'm going to say roll 3d6 7 times, keep the best six rolls. OR you can have the standard array (as in John's game).
So if you've rolled up something and want to roll again, (or whatever) go ahead!
So, I guess this is the stat rolling procedure everyone used?

My dice rolls always sucked, but I love the dice roller at Wizards.com!! Look what they gave me!!

10, 11, 6, 16, 7, 11, 17

Ditching the 6, I'll take one 7 just for that 16 and 17!! Lol

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
I do know this - I'm going to let clerics and magic users have casting on the fly, and if you have a cleric with a wisdom high enough to have a bonus, you'll be able to cast spells at first level. Haven't sorted out how I'll do spell progression after lv1, but we can sort that out.
Ok that's cool; that said, I'm going to rethink my character class - maybe Fighter or Elf (as class - Fighter/MU combo?).

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:43 pm
badams30 wrote:
Ok that's cool; that said, I'm going to rethink my character class - maybe Fighter or Elf (as class - Fighter/MU combo?).
Or your character could be an Elf MU/Thief.

If you're ditching single class MU, I will choose between MU or Cleric. Still thinking. I was cruising for inspirational pix all weekend.

And - oh boy - do I hate dungeonpunk! Manga style is kinda growing on me though.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

badams30 wrote:
I'll post the house rules this weekend. I've had a couple questions on using some of the optional BFRPG classes, and I was initially leaning toward it, but then after thinking about the extra housekeeping, I'm thinking we'll stick with the standard classes as in the book. BUT - if you have an idea for a sort of archetype for your character (such as a ranger, barbarian, or similar) let's discuss it. What I'll likely do is have you play a regular class (such as fighter) and if you want an outdoorsman, then we'll give you some skills/abilities/bonuses/restrictions based on that archetype. Does that sound okay?
Okay by me. I'll post my outdoorsy fighter as soon as I get a few free moments.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Hey guys, I sound like the "HEY, THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL!" guy, but I have been working on a draft post for two days now with house rules. I'll try to get them up tonight or tomorrow, then some quick info on the campaign locale by EOW, and then we can roll! It's coming... HONEST!

(be quiet Rik. Or I'll make your character a mute half slug or something)