Re: OOC Thread

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:25 pm
mythictom wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:46 am
I am waiting for the Religion rules.

I will go Cleric or Magic-user/Thief.
Actually, now that I re-examine the party composition, I'm going to make a Fighter.

Having a Cleric, a Thief, and a Thief-MagicUser seems like a sweet spot for a "me bash!" character. :mrgreen:
tumblingdice has expressed interest in a Ranger-y fighter.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:24 pm
So a 'Ranged' Fighter? Or a Two-Weapon Fighter? Because a Ranged Fighter would be cool, but I'm already kind of playing one in Mr. J's game.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

connivingsumo wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 pm
mythictom wrote:
So a 'Ranged' Fighter? Or a Two-Weapon Fighter? Because a Ranged Fighter would be cool, but I'm already kind of playing one in Mr. J's game.
Hadn't gotten that far in my thinking. Just a fighter who prefers light armor and simple weapons. Sorry I haven't posted him yet. Will get on that ASAP.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:41 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
mythictom wrote:
Hadn't gotten that far in my thinking. Just a fighter who prefers light armor and simple weapons. Sorry I haven't posted him yet. Will get on that ASAP.

Don't rush. Most of us jumped the gun. :wtf: :ugeek:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:41 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
mythictom wrote:
Ok, I'll create a 2H weapon fighter, or sword & board.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Finally my work plate has cleared somewhat, and I have some time (what's that?) so I'm doing what I should have been doing all along. So I've posted the pantheon (a little borrowed, a little here and there.). If you aren't seeing what kind of god you'd like to worship, you can create something, just run it by me. There are numerous saints of this and that, and they'd be suitable for minor deities as you see fit. I'm not fleshing out the pantheon much, just enough so you know who they are, what they're about, and their symbol. I'll fill in the gaps as we go/as we need to know.

Since some of you rolled your characters prior to the house rules, you may re-roll if you wish - I'm not holding you to anything till we kick off.

I'm fleshing out a 4-5 hex area to start, I'll be working on that, and I'm looking forward to getting going this week - posting a background bit of info and then we can start.

If you have any questions, just holler. I've got to look at Remy for his ranger-ish abilities, and Brother Quisby for his diety stuff (once he has a deity)

Thanks for hanging in there!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Question for clarification regarding Magic-Users -

They start with six spells.

All MUs know Read Magic, so are the six spells in addition, or is it five plus Read Magic?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Oops. That's IN ADDITION TO read magic.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

I went to the Wizards of the Coast online die roller and - no kidding - rolled in this order:

I'm just not doing that. :thumbdown:

So I re-rolled and got the stats I put in the sheet. Much better 2nd time, but still not comfortable. :crazy:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 pm
I went to the Wizards of the Coast online die roller and - no kidding - rolled in this order:

I'm just not doing that. :thumbdown:

So I re-rolled and got the stats I put in the sheet. Much better 2nd time, but still not comfortable. :crazy:
I swear, decades of bad in-person rolling seem to be countered whenever I use the Wizards online roller. I rolled a character last week and got two 17s!