Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

The drums sound like they originate from the temple area where the savages were gathered last night.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis listens to the drums for a moment then says "I guess we just lay low till they come to pick us up. I hope they hurry. That noise makes me nervous."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The moon is large over the inlet. Drums sound in the distance. On the water you hear a splash and can see the form of a boat moving toward your location. It is the King's Navy!

From the boat comes a low warbling whistle...they wait for your return signal...the boat is about 20 yards offshore.

From the south of your position, you can see the glow of torchlight. A party of warriors is moving up the trail. They spy the boat! Crying out an alarm, they rush your position.

In the darkness, it is hard to tell just how many warriors are coming at you.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo hides in the darkness. He will try to get a sneak attack on one of the warriors.

If he’s unable to hide he will merely engage with the closest enemy.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

You hear the sound of the oarsmen and the captain barking orders, "Helmsman, bring her to shore, make haste! Archers ready to fire on my command!"

The warriors are running to your position. You see several holding barbed nets and others wielding cruel fish knives.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin readies his staff and hopes the archers can fire before the warriors can attack!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis will try to hold off the attackers so others can make their way to the boat. He'll tell them to take the prisoners with them.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Pandemonium erupts as six archers of his majesty's navy let loose their arrows...

Four arrows find their mark...three of the warriors stumble and fall in the hail of arrows!

The rest rush the party.

Fungo sneaks out from the foliage and makes a vicious cut at a warriors back but the blade misses its mark!

Erwin meets a large brute with staff ready...he cracks the tribesman in the noggin', felling him like an ox!

Otis stands tall, braced against the rush of bodies...his sword slices clean through a man!

Five warriors have fallen, but more come.

Fungo and Otis each get cut by wicked fishknives! [Fungo takes 4 points of damage! Ouch! Otis is just scratched...1 point.]

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I thought they had to share a fishknife!

Fungo attacks the nearest bad guy

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

:lol: :lol: :lol: