Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by connivingsumo »

Image

Before the Captain pursues Otis, there is a tugging at his hip...
jcftao wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:54 am
[...], "The patrol boat is set to sail. Get your gear and meet down at the pier. You'll see the ship. They are expecting you."
"Wait! D-d-did you say BOAT?!" The Halfling pleads as he nervously pinches his lips, "I happily volunteered, but you didn't say anything about a b-b-b... b-b... b-BOAT!"

The Captain shrugs the Halfling's advance as he catches up to Otis, "You know travel by land would take far too long!"

Sammich Save vs Courage -6 :cry:


Master Baker, Chef, and part-time Archer
HP: 12
AC: 6 [13]
Super sneaky
To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
Arrows = 40

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by jcftao »

The sailors watch Sammich's prostrations with amusement.

"First lieutenant here, Master Sammich. I'm not a captain. They man the large ships, not these little patrol vessels."

"You'll be safe as a baby in your mum's arms when you patrol with us. This boat has twelve able bodied sailors to row and a mast to catch the breeze.
There is nothing to worry about. We'll just search the area and if lucky, we'll find something interesting. That is when you can shoot it with your bow and then we can all go back to shore."


-------------------------------------
Sack considers Fungo's question, "Well, yes, of course I'll row you to the north. But if you come with me, you realize that you won't have a crew of sailors to back you up. And I only have room for maybe 6 or 7 of you. That black bear and cat can wait here. I'm not to keen on rowing a bear around the bay anyhow..."

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by greyarea »

Fungo nods, Yes, I completely understand. I once had to row a sheep, a cabbage, and a wolf across a river. I could only take one at a time and if I left the sheep with the cabbage, it would eat it, but if I left it with the wolf, the wolf would wolf down the sheep. Quite the conundrum.

I'll let the others know. I have a feeling we're going on the patrol boat but if that proves fruitless then we will perhaps call on your services.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by jcftao »

The sound of a bosun's whistle pierces the air. The soldiers move into the patrol boat. Your party takes their places in the boat and you are relieved that you are not asked to row. The patrol boat moves out into the bay like a swan on a pond. With a dozen rowers, the boat moves quickly. The sail is still down, but you are surprised at the speed.

The lieutenant addresses your party, "They found Ol' Tam's rowboat just north of the bay. We'll search there unless you have any other ideas?"

The lieutenant studies the adventurers and thinks about what he overhead Fungo saying, "I hope this group is made up of wolves and not sheep. There's probably a few cabbages among the wolves though."

Actions?

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter
Otis stands near the LT, keeping a sharp eye out for anything odd. At his wolf/sheep comment he says “I don’t know nothing about wolves or sheep, but when we find whatever’s been doin’ stuff to these nice folks, we’re gonna make em’ regret it, you better believe it. Us, and these brave fellas like you and your men.” Otis nods vigorously and continues his watch.

OOC: Otis didn’t hear anything about rowing up north, so he’s going to go with the direction of the LT for now. Also, before we depart, did we examine the missing man’s boat for any clues of hat happened?

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by merias »

badams30 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:36 pm
Also, before we depart, did we examine the missing man’s boat for any clues of hat happened?
Erwin mentioned this when we first came to town, but in the excitement I think he forgot to do it.

Erwin also keeps an eye out for anything unusual as the boat moves out into the bay.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by greyarea »

Fungo boards and finds a spot near the front so he can keep a look out.

(How well it will go with Fungo at lookout: https://www.thefarside.com/2021/04/27/1)

User avatar
herself
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by herself »

Susanna's trying to stay cool but she's a bit nervous about the boat as well. But she would never admit it to anyone! Those looking closely might see she's gone a bit green as she steps aboard and sits down across from Fungo. She'll grip tightly on to whatever she can find to brace herself.

"Nice weather for travelling," she says, trying to distract herself.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar relaxes a little once the boat gets underway. I wish you hadn't mentioned cabbage, he grumbles to Fungo, his stomach rumbling despite having just eaten. He'll keep an eye out for danger.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by jcftao »

By the time most of you get your sea legs and some of you lose your breakfast, the day is done.
The patrol spent much of the time circling the bay and the nearby coastline. The most dangerous
thing encountered was a flock of bothersome gulls. The patrol returns to the pier, many of the soldiers
looking a bit dejected about having nothing to show for the day.

"Well, lads, we'll try again tomorrow, bright and early. Let's get some grub and rest." The lieutenant says to his men.

Actions?

Post Reply