Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by greyarea »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:07 pm
greyarea wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:05 pm
Fungo will help Sack put up the boat for the evening and then buy him dinner and roll on the carousing table.
The next morning, Fungo finds himself rudely awakened. He is the new cabin boy for a merchant vessel carrying turnips to the southern kingdoms.
It’s a living <shrug> Fungo just wishes the captain didn’t store the extra turnips there.

User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar picks up on Sammich's somberness. Come on! Let's get you something to eat for a change, he offers. The dwarf then checks his pouches. Never mind, he corrects himself. I forgot; I'm broke.

Bengar then stage whispers, Let's try and tag along with Fungo, and see how that goes.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by jcftao »

Sack sails his fishing boat back to the docks at Isprey. It doesn't take long before the party is surrounded by a crowd of somber looking fishermen. Sack stands on the prow of his boat and tells them what has occurred and that the remains of the two missing fishermen are onboard. He holds up the fishing cap of one of the men. The crowd takes the remains and moves away silently. The men doff their caps and nod to each of the party as they file past.

One of the guardsmen on duty witnesses the return of the party, "I'm will inform the captain of the garrison that you have returned. He will be expecting you at the garrison."

OOC~most likely some of you, i.e. Fungo, will wish to get some food and drink after this adventure. One thing to note, many of you are still covered in the black blood of the sea troll. It may be good manners to clean up before your meeting and/or carousing.

Actions?

User avatar
herself
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by herself »

Susanna will only think to look at herself (and how grubby she is) if someone else mentions it first, hehe. She’s not usually one for carousing but after the events of the day I think she’ll be wanting a distraction—especially here in the “big smoke!” :lol:

She looks over at Fungo. “What’s this carousing? Does it involve dinner?”
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis gathers his stuff and says "I'm gonna head back the place we stayed at and see about gettin' cleaned up and more presentable. Then I'm thinking' we need to see the big guy and wrap this up. Then it's time for some food, eh?"

OOC: Otis' plan is to secure a room (he'll share with someone if they want) and then get cleaned, re-equipped and head out to see the Captain (not cast kangaroo, but the captain of the guard)

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:51 pm
"[...] Sammich's somberness. Come on! Let's get you something to eat for a change, he offers.
"for a change" :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
Image

Sammich hands Bengar his last meat-pasty, "That's okay." he says with a smile.

The "Archer" realizes he's no more dirtier than a bit of water spray on this shoulders and smelling a bit like a smokey campfire. Still, he follows the group back to our quarters to see if he can tidy up a bit anyhow.

Mr. Buttonchubb sees Susanna and tugs at her shirt bottom, "Mam... Miss Susanna, you have Troll on you. You may want to freshen-up a bit so you don't scare folks with "battle" all over you." He says with a shy smile.


Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.


User avatar
herself
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by herself »

Startled, Susanna looks down at herself. She looks a bit green again…
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by greyarea »

Fungo jumps in the water next to the boat to wash the troll gore off of himself. Then he helps out Sack.

As to Susanna’s question, he says, Let’s go to the tavern later and I will show you how to carouse.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by merias »

Erwin will follow Otis and get cleaned up before heading back to meet with the captain.

Post Reply