Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo reconsiders. He fires at the first savage (once) and then flees.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Unseen by his companions in the darkness, Otis is wide eyed with concern. "UH OH. TIME TO GO!" And he withdraws with the others, sword and shield ready to make a stand.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by merias »

Erwin flees with the others!

ooc: Not sure where we will go? Also not sure it matters, but Erwin was set to use his sling on the creature by the shore...but he may not have been in a position to do that.

User avatar
herself
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by herself »

I'm literally sitting here laughing...we knew this would happen! Hehehehe.

Susanna switches her crossbow for her mace and gets ready... she'll stick with Otis and cover the others as we retreat.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:38 am
Perhaps it is the darkness or the gravity of the situation, but Sammich's first arrow flies off target. It misses the high priest, but strikes a warrior standing nearby, killing him. The second arrow finds its home and the high priest howls in rage. The arrow sticks into his bicep!

Fungo and Susanna both fire a volley and miss the high priest. Fungo does however, hit a couple warriors, wounding them.

The ceremony stops...all is dead silent for a few heartbeats as the entirety of the tribe turns towards the hobbits...and then blood-curdling screams of rage erupt in an unholy chorus! Warriors grab torches and weapons and rush towards Sammich and Fungo's location.

Actions?
Clearly, I am WAY misunderstanding what the scene was here. From the 8/29 post, I understood a stone monolith & huge bonfire w/a "hundred dudes" off in the distance, which Fungo and I snuck closer to observe. Then we came back to our group and I understood a priest came out to us by the boats. Sammich wouldn't have risked the safety of his group by firing into a "group of dudes" within arm's reach, so I apologize to the other players for misunderstanding the scene.

Sammich gets in a boat and tries to flee.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:39 pm
jcftao wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:38 am
Perhaps it is the darkness or the gravity of the situation, but Sammich's first arrow flies off target. It misses the high priest, but strikes a warrior standing nearby, killing him. The second arrow finds its home and the high priest howls in rage. The arrow sticks into his bicep!

Fungo and Susanna both fire a volley and miss the high priest. Fungo does however, hit a couple warriors, wounding them.

The ceremony stops...all is dead silent for a few heartbeats as the entirety of the tribe turns towards the hobbits...and then blood-curdling screams of rage erupt in an unholy chorus! Warriors grab torches and weapons and rush towards Sammich and Fungo's location.

Actions?
Clearly, I am WAY misunderstanding what the scene was here. From the 8/29 post, I understood a stone monolith & huge bonfire w/a "hundred dudes" off in the distance, which Fungo and I snuck closer to observe. Then we came back to our group and I understood a priest came out to us by the boats. Sammich wouldn't have risked the safety of his group by firing into a "group of dudes" within arm's reach, so I apologize to the other players for misunderstanding the scene.

Sammich gets in a boat and tries to flee.
Yes, perhaps this wasn't clear. No priests were moving out in any boats. You are all on the shoreline of a dark bay. Further down the shoreline, past some dugout canoes, is a large bonfire with at least a hundred figures circling, dancing, and a high priest chanting.

I would gladly rewind this bit in order to give you clearer information about the scene.

So, Sammich fired first...if the hobbit wishes to move back to the group instead of firing his shortbow, I will allow it.

What will Sammich do?

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:16 pm
Yes, perhaps this wasn't clear. No priests were moving out in any boats. You are all on the shoreline of a dark bay. Further down the shoreline, past some dugout canoes, is a large bonfire with at least a hundred figures circling, dancing, and a high priest chanting.

I would gladly rewind this bit in order to give you clearer information about the scene.

So, Sammich fired first...if the hobbit wishes to move back to the group instead of firing his shortbow, I will allow it.

What will Sammich do?
DM - I'm terribly sorry. I didn't think they were getting into the boats, but I thought the priest wandered closer to us away from the group. Yes, I would like to NOT fire at that guy! :mrgreen:

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

In the light of the bonfires, the party can see a shaman or holy man holding his arms out in supplication. In a few heartbeats, all the drumming and weird flute playing comes to an abrupt halt as the men turn towards the water and prostrate themselves.

The shaman utters some unintelligle words. Although you don't understand the language, the sound of it causes bile to rise in your throats.

The dark waters stir and a half dozen dark figures move out of the water towards the shaman. They are man sized and bipedal. They have a strange gait, as if walking on land is foreign to them.


they speak with the shaman in the same language that he had uttered. The rest of the men lie still, heads down in reverence. Four of the creatures move towards the captives and carry them out to the water's edge.

OOC--remember that there are about 100 men here and they are about 100 yards distant on the same side of the shore that you are on. The bay curves around. There would be nothing to slow their movement down if they would pursue you.

Actions?

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks to Sammich. Do we fire? he whispers suddenly wishing he had a serving plate and the ability to throw discus 100 meters.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by merias »

I don't think we can save these prisoners. But if these creatures' village is empty during this ... sacrifice, perhaps we can find some useful information there.

Do we see any evidence of a village or a path further inland?

Post Reply