OOC Chat

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: OOC Chat

Post by jcftao »

@Bengar, you are now 2nd level!
Roll a d6 for new hit points (re-roll a 1, keep anything else) and let me know what you rolled.

***Note to all players*** I have awarded 2 experience points for the Sea Troll adventure. I have made the updates already on your char sheets.

Any questions?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sweet! I lucked out, and rolled a 6 using the official WOTC dice roller. I can send a screen shot if necessary. :)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@tumblingdice

Bengar has doubled his hit points! He also has improved his saving throw to 13.

I made the changes on your char sheet. Happy gaming!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 pm
Sweet! I lucked out, and rolled a 6 using the official WOTC dice roller. I can send a screen shot if necessary. :)
Nah, but you could send your Amazon account information...I need to do some early Christmas shopping.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

herself wrote:(This is a hard character for me to roleplay! I usually play much chattier characters, LOL!)
If you'd like to play a chattier character, Jess, you're welcome to join the game I just started here on these forums. The party could use a wizard or elf. We're still at the, "You're all in a smoky tavern" scene, so we're just getting started, and we could get you up to speed quickly.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

merias wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm
Curious that relatively inexperienced adventurers seem to get dragged into these situations by the wealthy landed nobles with scores of knights and mercenaries at their beck and call.
Imagine a bunch of bored, high-level PCs sitting around their castle one night. "Hey, I know! Let's get completely sh*tfaced, and go visit the Caves of Chaos. We'll fight 'em all naked with our bare hands!"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:19 pm
Imagine a bunch of bored, high-level PCs sitting around their castle one night. "Hey, I know! Let's get completely sh*tfaced, and go visit the Caves of Chaos. We'll fight 'em all naked with our bare hands!"
That sounds like it would be a good one-shot!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Although monks might have an unfair advantage :crazy:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:19 pm
merias wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm
Curious that relatively inexperienced adventurers seem to get dragged into these situations by the wealthy landed nobles with scores of knights and mercenaries at their beck and call.
Funny you mention that. I was in a campaign years ago that a couple of us co-DM’ed. Characters got to about 10th-12th level, and we wanted to do a different kind of adventure. And as 1st level characters we’d cleared the Caves of Chaos, and over time our characters and henchmen helped keep the region generally safe and hooligan-free. We hadn’t been to the area of the caves in years and there was an uptick in monster activity around the keep, so the King asked us to go see where it was coming from and put a stop to it. Naturally we headed to the Caves (which had become repopulated with similar inhabitants to the original module, but at about twice the population as before) and we go in like gangbusters, and turns out all the monsters come out en masse under a white flag and they all start to complain that they’re just trying to live here snd keep to themselves and some bad guys keep coming and killing their people and stealing their bodies and they’re getting pissed off and tell the group if we don’t help them they’re going to go back to their monster ways. Turns out there is a bunch of evil guys (think Zentarihm from Forgotten Realms”) and they’re trying to build an army of monsters and undead to conquer the kingdom. We ended up rallying the monsters of the caves and some of the keep troops to stomp out the bad guys. Was pretty neat. We thought we’d just go to the caves, lob a few fireballs and be back at the inn by 5pm for drinks.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

merias wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:48 pm
Although monks might have an unfair advantage :crazy:
Good thing there are no monks in B/X, then. Though there are mystics in BECMI.