Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by merias »

"Agreed," Erwin says. "Let's finish up our meal and head north. Aethelwine, I look forward to seeing you again and learning of your healing salve. Many thanks for your help."

Black_Pudding

Post by Black_Pudding »

merias wrote:"Agreed," Erwin says. "Let's finish up our meal and head north. Aethelwine, I look forward to seeing you again and learning of your healing salve. Many thanks for your help."
Hedwig echoes Erwin's sentiments and excuses himself early from the table, taking an apple from the table. "I need to check on Goliath and make sure he is fed and watered before we leave. My old friend, I'm sure, will appreciate the apple,"he says with a curt nod to Aethelwine.

Outside, Hedwig will be seen checking the saddle and tack, lifting a heavy iron-shod hoof to check for rocks.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo sees if he can procure a short sword.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo sees if he can procure a short sword.
Fungo spies a large knife in Aethelwine's longhouse. Does he "borrow" this or ask Aethelwine or the others for a weapon?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo examines the blade and then will casually "borrow" it.

If caught he will stutter, "I meant to ask but I didn't want to disturb anyone. I was only going to use it for a while. Might I?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin and the party thank Aethelwine once more and move along the north trail out of the glade. The forest closes in on them and after a few yards of distance, the glade of Aethelwine is hidden by the forest.

The party moves nortward until the trail moves to the west. Breaking the trail, the party moves into the trackless forest, continuing northward. A few hundreds yard in, they spy an area of descruction. The ground is torn up and sprinkled with copius amount of blood. A suit of platemail lies hanging high in the branches of a tree. The platemail is peeled back by some incredibly powerful force. the owner of the plate is gone. In the leaves beneath the mail lies a herring axe, snapped in two.

From the east, shouts of alarm can be heard.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

If caught he will stutter, "I meant to ask but I didn't want to disturb anyone. I was only going to use it for a while. Might I?"
Aethelwine watches as the hobbit picks up the knife and moves to conceal it. He takes the knife from Fungo and looks at it and then back at the small thief.
"Hmmmm, even the smallest of bear cubs has claws. Wait here..."

Aethelwine rummages around in a few of his cabinets and finds what he is looking for. "Here, little cub, you can make more use of this than I. Take it and use it with care...it is very sharp."

He hands Fungo a slender blade, longer than a dagger but smaller than a sword. The blade is well balanced and very sharp.

"Keep it little cub, and remember that if i didn't think you had some redeeming quality hiding inside of you, I would turn you into a possum."

Fungo now has a shortsword of quality. It is not enchanted, but the craftsmanship of the blade gives the wielder a +1 to hit. Damage is 1d6-1.
Roll Fungo's thief skill (a 2-in-6 chance indicates a successful pick pocket. Roll=6! Failed.
Rolled a d20 for Fungo's chance to charm the cleric with his charisma. Roll=19! A great roll.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis gets wide-eyed at the sounds of commotion, and he starts quickly making his way toward the sounds, trusty table leg at the ready!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo’s eyes grow huge at the gift. Thank you, Afrowine, I’ll not forget this gift. I promise that I will be good. Well, good-ish. Well, not bad. Well, never evil, at least. But trying to be good, that's for certain. That I promise.

And thank you for not turning me into a possum. My dear mother would be frightened of me then, as possums scare her fiercely given their high stature and all those teeth, not to mention their tails. One surprised her once, jumping out of the bushes. My mother fainted, and the turnips she was carrying in her apron went all over the place. The possum, I think, was surprised too, for when I found them I thought them both dead. By the time I'd dragged my mother to the barrel for some water and helped revive her, the possum had gotten up and left. The turnips survived the experience, but my mother wouldn't garden alone for quite some time after that. So if I came home a possum, imagine how much that would have upset her. So thank you Astrowine for not turning me into one of those.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Aethelwine stares mouth agape at the babbling hobbit, begins to say something but thinks the better of it. He then turns and walks quickly away.