Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by jcftao »

Fungo, the hobbit skips ahead and is quickly swallowed up by the dim forest and the winding road. Erwin moves along cautiously. He can sense the presence of the Green Man in these woods. Moonglimmer moves silently along. The Forest of Nye is not unlike her home forest but less oppressive. The elf notes that Attercop, her spider friend is chirping somewhere off to the left of her in the woods.

The party travels along the road for awhile. The sun is sinking but the forest would be dim most any time of the day. Their passage is interrupted by the cry of alarm and a strange undulating call. The sound is like a lunatic chuckling madly...a warbling, off key, wail that would sound ridiculous but for it happening in a dim and lonely forest.

In the distance you hear the rustle of leaves and the tramp of feet. Something is heading your way!

Actions?

greyarea

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by greyarea »

Fungo hides in the shadows of the forest edge. He watches keenly for whomever is coming.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin motions for the others to get off the road. He follows Fungo's lead and hides in wait.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer ducks behind a tree and scans the forest in the direction of the movement, attempting to discern if it be man of beast.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress
The Sorceress lays flat in the back of the wagon hiding under a blanket, straw, burlap, and whatever gear she can pull on top of herself. "I don't like this road now."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The source of the noise coming from the forest is quickly identified when a tall, wiry human male bursts through the treeline, wide-eyed and rubbing his head vigorously with one hand, and clutching what appears to be a battered table leg in the other.

He looks relieved to see the assembled group, and he points to the top of his head and shouts"AAAH! SOMTHIN' BIT ME!" With a backwards nod he says "AND IT'S COMIN' THIS WAY!"

OOC: If the party doesn't stop him, he'll advance to where they are and turn around, brandishing his table leg, facing the unseen threat.

He glances about and says "I'm Otis, Otis of Gyre. I'm glad to see y'all."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo knows a true threat when he sees it. He will backstab this "Otis" with his ball of twine.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress
Bizenghast sits straight up in the wagon and looks at the lumbering human. "Hello Otis. What bit you? Does it fly?" she asks as she hides in the wagon looking over the sideboard with just the top of her head and eyes looking over the edge.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin steps from the brush. "Hello Otis. I am Erwin, Cleric of Silvanus. You may have been assailed by a bat. I'd keep your voice down before you attract something larger and more sinister, but tell us the details just the same," he says.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer remains hidden, listening to the forest-noises for something foul.