Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
Black_Pudding

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by Black_Pudding »

Gasping with pain, Hedwig wheels the horse around. He could retire, he thought, having received a grevious wound. But valor and bravery were virtues of a proper knight. He would not shirk today.

"Glory shall be mine!" the would-be knight cries shrilly as he sends Goliath into another thundering charge.

Hedwig will charge along the creature's flank or rear, lashing out with his sword.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin takes a firm grip on the cudgel and moves forward. With a mighty swing he crashes against the beast's hind quarters...[17!]

The cleric hears a heavy crack and the beast roars in pain! [6 points of damage!]

Otis charges forward with a loud battle cry! His table leg glances off the whirling beast. [6...miss]

Roger and Sigga engage the beast with herring axe and warhammer. Roger's axe barely misses the beast but Sigga's warhammer hits the beast's flank [a 20! Crit!].

The beast roars in pain once more and stumbles before regaining its balance. [9 points of damage!]

The beast rears its head and roars loudly...the ear piercing scream...leaves many of the party scrambling for safety. Terror grips all of the party but for Sir Hedwig and Bizenghast. The roar shakes those affected (they may still take actions but at a disadvantage).

In pain, the creature retreats into the forest. Sir Hedwig makes a valiant attack on the creature, but misses. Wounded, the creature lopes into the tangle of trees, seemingly unimpeded by the forest.

The knight and men-at-arms fall against the trees gasping and catching their breath.

Their allies move cautiously towards the party. All appear shaken and battle weary.

Three bodies lay mangled on the forest floor. Two more men in platemail walk towards the party.

Actions?
(Sir Hedwig has a serious wound.)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Erwin, cleric 1, AC12, HP 6/6, staff
Roger, fighter 1, AC10, HP 7/7, herring axe (+1 to hit)
Moonglimmer, elf 1, AC11, HP 7/7, spear (+1 to missiles)
Fungo, hobbit burglar 1, AC11, HP 6/6, ball of twine
Bizenghast, magic-user 1, AC11 HP 6/6, walking stick
Otis, fighter 1, AC10, HP 6/7, table leg (+1 hit/dmg due to Str)
Sigga, fighter 1, AC10, HP 7/7, warhammer (+1 hit/dmg due to Str)
Sir Hedwig, fighter 1, AC 15, HP 2/7, longsword (+1 hit/dmg due to Str)
Attercop the Giant Spider
Bane the JubJub Bird
Goliath the Warhorse

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo yells, Hey, get back here. I was gonna leap on ya!

He remains in the tree.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:Fungo yells, Hey, get back here. I was gonna leap on ya!

He remains in the tree.
Too late, Hobbit!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin leans on his staff. "That was a fearsome creature, this wood is full of surprises," he says. Then, looking at the newcomers, "It is lucky we found you when we did. I am Erwin, and these are my companions. We are on a quest with the blessigns of Aethelwine. Who are you?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The men look your group over cautiously. One of the men, in his 20's, dressed in plate mail, replies "Aethelwine? Well met, then. I am Tavish Beamish...this is Sir Osgar and Sir Eadwald. You've come at a fortunate time for us."

"We were hunting and lost one of our companions, Sir Innes. Our men were tracking him with hounds when we were attacked by a bandersnatch. It killed three of our men-at-arms and several hounds. No use pursuing it now. Even injured, it can race through thick forest like a horse on open plain. Had our spears found their mark, it would be a different story!"

"Wouldst that we had time to raise a cup to toast the fallen and our new found friends, but we must search for Sir Innes before we lose the light. Before we go, what business do you have in our forest? Aethelwine's blessings or not, you will still need your petition granted by my father."

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo calls from the tree: We’re looking for a tree to make a bow. Do yew know the good bow making tree?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Sir Tavish looks up and squints, "Is that a talking possum? Bors, get your axe and cut the tree down..."

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Sir Tavish, I am Moonglimmer," the elf says with a slight bow of her head. "I believe we have discovered the whereabouts of your missing comrade behind us," she gestures back towards where the empty armor hangs from the trees.

"Perhaps one of you could identify the armor?" she politely requests.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo will jump on the back of whomever tries to cut down the tree, saying “Thanks for the assist, I was concerned how I’d get down since that giraffalappy or whatever ran off.” As he hops off the persons back and rejoins his party. He will hide behind Moonglimmer if they appear hostile.