Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by jcftao »

The trail back to Beamish Hall is quite easy for Moonglimmer and Erwin to find now that they've once travelled it.

The party is welcomed back to the hall and already Lord Beamish has heard the news of the fallen knight, Sir Innes.
Lord Beamish thanks the party for bravely fighting the Bandersnatch that his son's party encountered. He tells them
that Sir Innes was taken and killed by the Jabberwocky, a foul and fearsome creature that makes a bandersnatch look
like a kitten.

Sir Innes funeral is held at Beamish Hall and the solemn event lasts for a week which includes much feasting, drinking, and
telling of the young knight's accomplishments.

Moonglimmer has fashioned a fine elven longbow, crafted from the strongest of rowan wood. The bow is flawless and true.

Erwin delves into the Writ of Silvanus, studying and contemplating the words. He gains insight and wisdom on the Green Man.

Sir Hedwig is welcomed by the Knights of Nye, so much so, that the armorer of Beamish Hall is urged to make necessary repairs
to the old knight's armor. (It is restored to true plate mail now.)

Sigga is fascinated by the metal working at Beamish Hall. In particular, she admires the herring axes that the knights carry. The laminated design
makes for a stronger blade and Sigga decides to remain a Beamish Hall to work the forge and perfect her skill.

Roger too, is fascinated by the forest of Nye. He is amazed at the variety of shrubberies found near Beamish Hall. The Knights of Nye have for
some strange reason, an obsession with shrubbery. Lord Beamish has taken Roger under his wing and named him Assistant to the Master Shrubber.

Otis earns a modicum of respect from the knights. Some had witnessed his bravery while attacking the bandersnatch. Otis is welcomed into the hall to sit
with the others and eat and drink. Sir Tavish (Lord Beamish's son) gives Otis a chain shirt and his choice of weapon from the armory.

Fungo eats.

Bizenghast contemplates what her place will be in this world. She is comforted by the protection afforded at Beamish Hall. She studies her meager scrollbook, the
only thing of value bestowed by her master.

And Fungo eats some more.

The week has come and gone. A young knight has been laid to rest, new friends have been made, and a new day is upon you.

Actions?

greyarea

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by greyarea »

Fungo wakes. His tummy rumbles. He goes to find food.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin seeks out the others in the group, to see who has decided to leave the relative comfort of Beamish Hall for some more adventure.

We could just head out in a random direction, or chase after the wagon thief, or ... Mr. GM - do we hear any rumours that don't involve a Jabberwocky :D ?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer's pride in her new bow beams in a brilliant smile after its completion. Now she needs arrows. Can she find some kind patrons to provide them?

P.S. Wooden spear available for free to good home!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:Moonglimmer's pride in her new bow beams in a brilliant smile after its completion. Now she needs arrows. Can she find some kind patrons to provide them?

Does Moonglimmer have a melee weapon? If not, the spear would work. She could loop it around her back when she is using her bow, not?

Also, Moonglimmer will be given a dozen arrows as a gift from Lord Beamish in the hope that she returns to Beamish Hall to tell of her adventures.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis is quite impressed and humbled at the hospitality extended to him by the knights. He thanks Sir Tavish especially for the chain and offer of a weapon. As Otis doesn't have a ton of experience with weaponry aside from table legs and spears, he looks to Sir Hedwig and sees that he sports a longsword. So he'll ask Sir Hedwig if he can help by giving him some pointers in it's use, and he'll ask Sir Tavish for a longsword if it isn't too much trouble.

Aside from quietly soaking in the hospitality of the knights and becoming familiar with his new weapon, Otis will mainly keep to himself, making small talk with his new companions, and staring in fascination at Fungo's ability to eat relative to his size.

When the day comes to leave, Otis thanks the people of Beamish Hall and with a broad smile and whistling a happy tune, he is ready to set out to wherever his new friends plan on going.

"Where are we off too guys? I'm sure happy you're all lettin' me stay with you'se. I'll be a help, you'll see. My mama always said I've got a strong back, and a weak noggin. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what that means, but Mama's always right."

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
mythictom wrote:Moonglimmer's pride in her new bow beams in a brilliant smile after its completion. Now she needs arrows. Can she find some kind patrons to provide them?

Does Moonglimmer have a melee weapon? If not, the spear would work. She could loop it around her back when she is using her bow, not?

Also, Moonglimmer will be given a dozen arrows as a gift from Lord Beamish in the hope that she returns to Beamish Hall to tell of her adventures.
She has a dagger for melee, but will keep the spear in case it is needed.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

“Oh, I can even eat relatives who are larger than me,” says Fungo at Otis’ amazement, “but that is usually considered rude. At least that’s what I was told as they kicked me out of the shire.”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Sir Tavish speaks with the party before they set out. You can tell that his mind is thinking of Sir Innes and how the Jabberwocky laid him low.

"If it is adventure you crave, Milltown is not far to the west. Just keep your eyes sharp for slaver scum and stay to the main road. I've heard that there is a Templar fort south of Milltown. They are watching the Harridlands. You may find some work in their employ, that is, if you don't mention that Silvanus is the greater god."

"To the east of Nye lies Barlow County. Lord Barlow has been having no end of trouble with robbers. Some of his knights had the gall to say the robbers were taking refuge in the Forest of Nye. That is rich! The first squall of a flock of Jub Jubs would have them running back to the open lands!"

"Perhaps you could get a job as guard on a merchant caravan heading northward up into Granden Vale? You may run into a robber or two, but as long as you stay away from the foothills of the Five Kings, you should not run into many problems."

"The Garwood to the southeast is rumored to have an ogre or two in its dark confines. Someone once told me that an abandoned ring fort lies within the woods. I've not seen it."

Sir Tavish makes ready to return to the forest, "And you could certainly join my hunting party. I have a scored to settle with the Jabberwocky."

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo's ears perk up at the mention of Ogres. My Uncle Bungo and Aunt Fergie were killed by ogres. It would be nice to revenge against those would creatures.