Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by greyarea »

Fungo doesn't see in the dark as good as Moonglow, but he makes out something. He scrambles down to tell Erwin, and to tell him his theory: I don't think there's a monster, I think someone lives here and is trying to scare us off.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Oho! Good work! And how do we find this creature?"

Do we head back the other way, or continue this way?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Fungo doesn't see in the dark as good as Moonglow, but he makes out something. He scrambles down to tell Erwin, and to tell him his theory: I don't think there's a monster, I think someone lives here and is trying to scare us off.
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast agrees! "With all this loud and scary roaring, and all it can do is pelt me with a pebble and a twig..." she trails the sentence off with sarcasm.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis glances around and whispers "Maybe it just don't like us in its house... do you see where it is? Maybe we could say hello and see if bein' nice to it will make it stop that awful hollerin'."

Otis stands with his sword at the ready, eager to either find the source of the commotion, or to withdraw till daylight.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo and Moonglimmer scramble back down the wall. They see no sign of any other creature. Unsure what to do next, they decide to continue along the main path. It slopes gently downward towards the south.

The lane is darker here. No illumination except for a thin crescent of the moon overhead.

Fungo continues down the lane, followed a short distance away by the rest of the party.

Fungo walks past open doorways and imagines them to be empty sockets set in a giant's skull.

As the little hobbit reaches a particularly dark section, he stops just before an open doorway.

From inside the doorway, the hobbit hears a faint whisper, like the dry rustling of leaves blowing across a masoleum floor.

"Come...Coommee...Coooommmmeeeee....."

Fungo hears the sound of dragging footsteps as his little heart hammers in his chest.

Actions?
Iniative Fungo=1, Unknown thing=1 Simultaneous, but Fungo's dex bonus allows him to move first!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo clutched his kegels and approaches, dagger drawn

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I would rule that until the rest of the party hears a blood curdling scream from the hobbit, they won't know he's encountered anything. :twisted:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:I would rule that until the rest of the party hears a blood curdling scream from the hobbit, they won't know he's encountered anything. :twisted:
I presume Moonglimmer can see Fungo the best....

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Yes, Moonglimmer sees Fungo pause for a moment and then move towards an opening, dagger drawn.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis nervously fidgets as the hobbit goes through the opening. He'll slowly advance with the others - unless Fungo indicates he's in trouble, in which case Otis will run to his aid.