Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
badams30

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter
greyarea wrote:Fungo's ears perk up at the mention of Ogres. My Uncle Bungo and Aunt Fergie were killed by ogres. It would be nice to revenge against those would creatures.
Otis nods in approval at Fungo's comments. "I'm sorry 'bout your Uncle and Aunt. That's bad." He raises his shiny new sword and says "But I'm willin' to go after them ogres with you!" And as he lowers his sword he says wistfully, "What's a ring fort? That sounds neat..."

Although Otis is game for anything, the story about ogres killing Fungo's relatives lights a fire in Otis. That, and the thought of a lost fort in the woods...

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"I, too, am interested in persuing the ogres in the woods," Moonglimmer says. " Attercop and I both work well in the woodlands."

Black_Pudding

Post by Black_Pudding »

"Ogres are foul, loathsome spawn," Hedwig replies grimly. "Fungo, I grieve for your aunt and uncle. I too would like to aid in your just revenge. My comrades, are we in agreement? Ogres are by far more dangerous to the people than petty robbers. I say we hunt these ogres and vanquish them!"

Then he turns to Otis and speaks with an avuncular tone. "My young friend, you have improved much with your skill in the sword. I have watched you these past few days and I have judged thee a man pure in heart. I would like to offer you a position as my squire. It is my hope that some years later I will see you knighted and serve has a champion of the people, a defender of the faith, and a weapon against evil. What say thee, young man?"

OOC: Hey, the old man is delusional!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin looks curiously at Hedwig, but knows little of the affairs of warriors and knights and says nothing. He then turns to the rest of the group.

"I am in agreement. Silvanus willing, we will vanquish these Ogres," he says.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis gazes wide-eyed at Sir Hedwig and says "Wow... I don't know what to say, It'd be an honor, Sir Hedwig, bein' able to help you and all that good doin' and stuff. You know I'm not a smart man, though, but I'll work realllll hard. I promise!"

Otis smiles a huge toothy grin and says"I'm gonna be a squire!" And his whistled tune takes on a new upbeat tone.

OOC: Uh oh. Crazy old guy and halfwit yokel team up. Prepare yourselves.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

There is no fanfare or ceremony as the party prepares to depart. Sir Tavish Beamish is busy organizing another hunt for the Jabberwocky. Lord Beamish will be accompanying him as well as a dozen other knights.

Sigga and Roger wait in the courtyard, Roger's eyes rimmed with tears as he hugs each of the party. Sigga is more stoic in her farewell. They both remind the party to return to Beamish Hall to tell of their adventures.

Lord Beamish has sent some provisions for the group--one week of standard rations and a few bottles of wine.

As the party leaves Beamish Hall and travels southward out from the Forest of Nye, a loud warbling honk shatters the peaceful morning.

Footfalls on leaves hail the approach of a large ungainly bird, swaying side to side with its long neck held upright. It is Bane!

The bird races towards the party with great speed and nearly bowls Erwin over. Bane stands next to the cleric, warbling softly and resting her head on his shoulder.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:Otis - Fighter

OOC: Uh oh. Crazy old guy and halfwit yokel team up. Prepare yourselves.
OOC--Sir Hedwig and Squire Otis! This is going to be rich!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo offers to carry the rations.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter, Aspiring Squire

Otis, quite effervescent after Sir Hedwig's offer, is ready to go.

"Sounds like we're going to stomp out these ogres! I'm not embarrassed to say I'm a bit scared, but with all of you and Sir Hedwig leadin' the way, we're gonna teach these guys somethin'!"

Otis gathers his belongings and heads over to Sir Hedwig's side in preparation to move out.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin marches southeast with the group, towards Garwood, staff in hand.

Are clerics free-casting? If not, Erwin will memorize CLW. Also, what do we want for a marching order?