Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

Post by greyarea »

Fungo has a shiver down his spine at the mention of hellbats. He listens trying to be silent.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Master Claudius," Moonglimmer says with a slight bow of respect, " Before you leave, whither you may, can you tell us of the standing stone you are the sentinel of? "

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin listens, still not ready to let down his guard. He'll watch behind the party for any signs of trouble.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast steps out from the shadows and walks impatiently to the stone as if oblivious to everything around her; about to touch it, she turns and awkwardly bows to Claudius, "Well met." she says without offering her name. "Why were your kin holding you hostage here?"

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna also listens and does not speak. This person seems like a fancy talker, and the fancy talkers always make fun of her if she tries to say something. She’ll leave the others to the complicated stuff, and instead will keep looking around to make sure no-one (or no-thing) else is around...
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Claudius smiles at Otis's questions about bats, ogres, and barrow wights...but takes keen interest in Bizenghast's boldness.

Turning to her, he bows gracefully and says, "My captors wished for me to remain here within this fort. I've always been guarded by at least one of them at all times. When you attacked the guards at the gate, my jailer ran to help his kin."

"Young miss, I see you have magical knowledge within you. And you travel with a magical creature (he nods towards Moonglimmer). I am a sentinel, more of a glorified watchman than anything else, I suppose....
but I am old, my knees are achy and my back is bent under the heavy toll of time. No more shall I do the bidding of another, my time has come to take another path."

"This standing stone beside me is a marker of ancient magic...not powerful in its own right, but it serves as a sign post to a sizeable fortune and magic knowledge...enough to keep all of you in fine comfort for the rest of your lives. The wizard that set this here has long since died, leaving his fortune to any able to decipher the standing stone and follow the clues. Riches are no temptation for an old man such as myself, but I will help you decipher the stone. What you do with the knowledge is up to you, I will be traveling south shortly...I hear the climate is warmer and sunny shores await beyond the sea."

Claudius turns to examine the standing stone and he studies the symbols..."See this one here? It tells of a hidden passage within this very ring fort! Look...this part is the key to open the door..."

Claudius's voice grows soft as he tries to follow the faint scratches on the stone.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer carefully approaches the fey fellow and peers at the stone over his shoulder.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna frowns at mention of the puzzle. She's glad there are clever people in the group :)

She'll continue to stand guard over the others while they are busy studying the standing stone. That, she can do :)
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis stares slack-jawed as Claudius examines the stone. He's doesn't understand what they are looking for, but he's impressed with all the smart conversation. As the others help examine the stone, he paces about keeping watch, occasionally pausing to listen to what's being said.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo wonders if he can backstab the guy...