Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

Post by jcftao »

Chapter 4 Back to Beamish Hall

Several days of travel find our heroes back to the Hall of Lord Beamish.

He has recently returned from a hunting expedition to find the elusive Jabberwocky and avenge one of their fallen comrades.

The party has little time to wait before Athelwise makes an appearance. Perhaps he has had a premonition that Erwin is ill.

Erwin is tended to and requires several weeks of recuperation before the chill of the wight leaves his body.

At this time, the others retell of their adventure and find time to recover as well.

Questions you may have for Athelwise or Lord Beamish?
Any gear or preparations you wish to make for another trip?

greyarea

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

Post by greyarea »

Fungo inquires as to what sort of magiks could defeat such a creature and how they might get some. He also asks about a snack between meals.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Fungo inquires as to what sort of magiks could defeat such a creature and how they might get some. He also asks about a snack between meals.
Bizenghast: Sorceress

The Sorceress listens intently to the answer regarding magic and defeating the creature. She is also interested in snacks.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin begins to finally feel himself after the 3rd week, he speaks to Aethelwine about the creature and his chances of turning undead as a measly 2nd-level cleric. He is anxious to resume exploring.

"I think we should continue our adventures elsewhere for now. We can come back and fight this creature after we get some more experience, I think we'll also need magical weapons the next time we confront it."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Athelwine listens with interest to their encounter with the undead creature, "The remedy you seek for dealing with most kinds of unliving creatures is this..." Athelwine holds out his hand and in the palm lies a silver coin.
"Silver is the bane of most unnatural beings and also the bane of many fey creatures...present company excluded (looking at Moonglimmer). Fungo, the blade I gave you is a weapon of quality, very sharp, but not magical. Moonglimmer's bow, however, is empowered with the magic of the rowan tree and that was your salvation."

"If I were you, I'd ask your dwarven friend to make you a few silvered weapons. She has taken to the forge at Beamish Hall like a duck to water."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo asks, Can we just throw silver pieces at the creature? Or maybe fling them with a sling? If we had any, that is... he concludes his eyes fixated on the silver piece.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Aethelwine's eyes grow wide at the precocious hobbit's offhand remark. "Don't be a fool, little hobbit! You go ahead a fling silver farthings at a denizen of the crypts, and just see how that works out!"

"If I were you, i'd get that blade I gave you coated in silver...and quickly, before you scamper off to find third breakfast or some such nonsense!"

Aethelwine seems a bit grouchy today.

Any plans for moving forward? Any gear you may want to acquire? Poor Otis seems to be without a master. The old knight has moved on, finding a windmill to tilt in a green and fairer land...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo gets his blade coated in silver. And gets third breakfast.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:Any gear you may want to acquire?
Bizenghast ponders useful equipment.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis finds himself in a bit of a funk with the departure of Sir Hedwig. He occupies his time volunteering for any duties he can around the hall, trying be be helpful and to earn his keep. He's also interested in perhaps a silvered sword or barring that because of cost, maybe a spear with a silver tip.

Otis will check in on Erwin occasionally, offering to get him some food or snacks or anything that might help his recovery.