Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

Post by merias »

When Erwin has recovered, he will search for a craftsman who can cap his staff with silver.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The treasure gathered from the barrow wight's lair includes...
Two copper arm band jewelry (10sp each) and two silver torcs (150sp each) and two green emeralds (200 sp each).

Each weapon that you silver will cost 50sp...this is 1/2 price due to friendship with Sigga the Blacksmith. Most of the cost is the silver melted down.

So, in total, you have 720sp worth of treasure.

How many weapons do you wish to silver?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Another thing to consider is scroll creation.

I'm using the Holmes method of creating scrolls...so Bizenghast or Erwin could scribe a scroll of one of their spells.

Using the Holmes rules...a 1st level Magic-User can create a scroll for any spell he knows at the cost of 100gp and 1 week of game time per spell level.

I'm allowing Erwin to do the same.

Erwin's wounds (the Con drain) will heal in about four weeks.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin pays the 50sp to have his staff capped with silver. If he has 100sp left, he will scribe a CLW scroll. It might also be worth it to pool any leftover money for sleep scroll(s).

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Sigga the blacksmith is more than happy to fix up a silver cap to your staff. She does this free of charge of course, but a weight of 50 shillings is needed to do this.
So 50sp are spent.

Athelwine will help you navigate through the writing of your first CLW scroll. While resting from your wight encounter, you do find time to work on two scrolls in the four weeks that pass.

200sp are spent.

That with the addition of silvering Fungo's shortsword (another 50sp) and Otis' sword (50sp) and you have a total of370sp remaining.

Any other plans?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:Another thing to consider is scroll creation.

I'm using the Holmes method of creating scrolls...so Bizenghast or Erwin could scribe a scroll of one of their spells.

Using the Holmes rules...a 1st level Magic-User can create a scroll for any spell he knows at the cost of 100gp and 1 week of game time per spell level.
"Ooof!" as the Sorceress pulls out the inside of her empty pockets. She supposes tipping the end of her staff with silver would be silver better spent on folks more suited to melee.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo watches Bizenghast's actions. You know, Bizzy, he says from the dark corner where he munches on a snack of old bread and cheese the cook might have given him, If you have your staff silvered, then you can be even more help against the ghouls and ghasts we encounter graverobb... I mean, in our explorations. Then we could bring home even more silver and even pay back Aethelwine for his kindness, if that's what's troubling you.

He pulls back into the shadows and might be hidden if his belly and toes weren't sticking out into the light and the monch-monching of his third breakfast wasn't so loud...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - fighter

After milling about for a bit, Otis becomes quite anxious to get back on the road and find some adventure. He thanks the inhabitants for their hospitality, and he gathers his things in preparation of moving out. With his boar spear and silvered sword, he bids farewell to his trusty but battered table leg.

After dinner, and when the others are gathered, he'll inquire as to where our next journey is going to take us.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Fungo watches Bizenghast's actions. You know, Bizzy, he says from the dark corner where he munches on a snack of old bread and cheese the cook might have given him, If you have your staff silvered, then you can be even more help against the ghouls and ghasts we encounter graverobb... I mean, in our explorations. Then we could bring home even more silver and even pay back Aethelwine for his kindness, if that's what's troubling you.

He pulls back into the shadows and might be hidden if his belly and toes weren't sticking out into the light and the monch-monching of his third breakfast wasn't so loud...
"Hmm... I guess I could get in one good hit before something one-shots me." she says uncomfortably. "You're right though, I should get it done."

OOC:
greyarea wrote:Fungo "[...] we encounter graverobb... I mean, in our explorations.
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

How about this...

Bizenghast gets one weapon of her choice silvered, scribes two scrolls, and then you have 120 silver pieces left for gear or for travelling expenses.

Lord Beamish is not yet tired of your fine company. He will provide a couple lanterns, a dozen flasks of oil, bedrolls, a tent, and a week of standard rations per man, and 2 dozen torches....IN RETURN...your company will bring tales of your adventure back to Beamish Hall and if your party has had good fortune, bring a bit of treasure back to Beamish Hall.