Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by greyarea »

Fungo realizes that he too has rations, and eats some, taking care to ration the rations. His years as a street whelp have taught him well how to fast when food gets scarce.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Realizing that Erwin's plan is better than his haphazard idea, Otis nods in approval at Erwin's plan to keep everyone together.
Otis mumbles at no one in particular "I wonder where that Mr Cicero fella went to? I'm not a smart man, but I don't think somthin's right here."

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer nods after Otis's word of warning.

"I think Bizenghast had the right question. We need to find out if we are 'marked,' and what the actually consequence of the Hunt is. Perhaps it is benign? Or perhaps not. Our host, Mister Cicero could be a spirit, or somesuch, and thus beyond a mortal death."

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna also eats her rations.

“You’re right,” she says. “Those hounds and riders meant to hurt us. That was not a game. I also want to know what it means to be marked. Is this something to do with it?” She gestures at her forehead.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

After eating a breakfast of cold rations, you leave the cottage and walk to the meeting house. It is similar in construction but larger. Cicero sees you approach as if waiting for you. He beckons you closer and opens the door.

The meeting room is filled with the townsfolk of Everspring. Several dozen men and women sit talking animatedly. They grow quiet as soon as the party enters the meeting hall.

The assembly is a strange assortment of humans. There are people that look similar to the humans of Eyre, where you come from. Others look to be northmen, still others are dark skinned people of the south seas. You also see a pair of brutish, primitive men. There are some hobbits, dwarves, a few elves and also some other humanoids...orcs, kobolds, a few goblins, and one large ogre.

The women are noticeably lessor in number, about one woman for four men. There are no children at the meeting hall.

Cicero stands at your side and speaks to the assembly, "Citizens of Everspring, I am please to introduce our new guests!" He introduces each of you by name and the crowd look at you with wide eyed admiration and smiles...that is, all but one. In the corner of the hall, partially obscured by the ogre, sits a thin man in tattered robes. He is furiously writing down what Cicero is saying.

Actions?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 am
[...]...that is, all but one. In the corner of the hall, partially obscured by the ogre, sits a thin man in tattered robes. He is furiously writing down what Cicero is saying.
Actions?
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast maneuvers next to Cicero, tugs on his shirt sleeve, nods to the tattered thin man writing in the corner, and says, "Who's that, and why is he writing?"

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna will edge back towards the door. Everyone staring is making her feel very uncomfortable. Plus she doesn't understand why the orcs and goblins and ogre are sitting there so peacefully, in with everyone else. She won't make any intimidating gestures, but she lets the back of her hand brush against the mace at her side, just to reassure herself that she can grab it at any time.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Hello, everyone," Moonglimmer says with a big smile.

"It is wonderful to meet you all," the elf says kindly as she looks around the room, meeting as many eyes as possible.

" So... " she lets her voice trail off. "How did we all get here?"

She keeps smiling, her eyes still passing over the crowd, looking to see the reaction to her question.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cicero turns to Bizenghast, "Why, that is Homer...he is Everspring's cheesemaker. In fact, the cheese in my larder came from Homer's cheese molds. Wonderful fellow, he is. I'll introduce him to you, my dear. Perhaps he will take you on as an apprentice..."

Cicero moves to get Homer's attention.

----------------------------------------------------------
Susanna backs from the crowd, cautiously. When she lowers her hand towards her weapon, Susanna does not see anyone make a threatening move. In fact, she doesn't see any weapons among the townsfolk at all.

----------------------------------------------------------
Moonglimmer's smile and charm have an immediate affect. The townsfolk all move towards her, trying to be the first to say something to her. The funny thing is that although they tell Moonglimmer their names and what they do in town, none of them speaks about what they did before coming to Everspring. If pressed on this, the townsfolk look at the ceiling and seem to be grasping at some lost thread of a memory. This lasts only a moment before they go back to telling Moonglimmer about how nice the town is and what they do in the town.

Actions?

herself

Post by herself »

mythictom wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 am
" So... " she lets her voice trail off. "How did we all get here?"

She keeps smiling, her eyes still passing over the crowd, looking to see the reaction to her question.
Nice bluff!

Feeling reassured that the others in her party seem reasonably comfortable, Susanna is going to linger as close to the door as she can without being completely rude (but let's face it, she's not really good at gauging whether she's being rude). Is the door still open? If it is, she will look outside.