Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by jcftao »

Torus known as Homer hurries along to a cottage down the lane. He rushes into the building leaving the door open. You see him rummaging through the cottagle pulling leather volumes together and scrolls. He throws as much as he can into a knapsack and the rest he tucks under his arms.

Leaving the cottage he thumbs through a small volume and shows Susanna, "I've found it. Look..."

Susanna, you see a sketch of a man, full beard, and heavy set features. He is standing among several other men and women. The man has markings on his forehead very much like Susanna. The others look similar to him, but have no markings.

"They live together in a small group on the far end of town. The man with the markings is called Diogenes."

Torus known as Homer looks at the others, "Let us go before evening comes. The townsfolk will want to hold a feast for you and the fairy king will be certain to preside."

Actions?

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna will go with the group, though she's pretty distracted with this new news. Hopefully she'll have a chance to find this Diogenes in the evening, though she's not sure she wants to meet that Faerie King again, assuming it was him that was chasing them the night before.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin heads out to the stone with the others.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

As the party moves out across the bridge, several townsfolk are watching them...and smiling. Cicero sticks his head out of an upstairs window of his cottage, "Don't forget to be back later! We are having a celebration in your honor! The fairy king and his retinue are invited and it looks to be a really special evening! I can't wait!"
He continues to stare at the retreating party with a smile on his face.

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:39 pm
As the party moves out across the bridge, several townsfolk are watching them...and smiling. Cicero sticks his head out of an upstairs window of his cottage, "Don't forget to be back later! We are having a celebration in your honor! The fairy king and his retinue are invited and it looks to be a really special evening! I can't wait!"
He continues to stare at the retreating party with a smile on his face.
See, that's just damn creepy.

Out of curiosity, the attitude of the rest of the townspeople towards Torus / Homer is no different to anyone else?

Also, does anyone else from the town cross the bridge?
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo glances back at Cicero as they cross the bridge and shudders. If we can avoid the fairy king, I think that would be best, he mutters to his companions. I hope we can decipher the stone and get back home soon. My tummy hopes so too, he concludes, his stomach audibly rumbling and his hand tapping the bag with his rations.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

OOC: Do we find any dead dogs... or at least blood before we reach the treeline?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast considers the opportunity to meet the Fey King in person. "Hmm... meeting the King is an interesting prospect. I wouldn't mind doing that. Good point about the bodies and blood in the forest." She contributes significantly to searching for the bodies of the dogs, and the blood, etc.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis smiles meekly and as the party walks out of town he says quietly "there's something funny goin' on here. Hey, we need to find our spider friend, don't forget..." Otis keeps glancing over at Homer, wary of his presence.

OOC: I'd be careful trusting this fella coming with us.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Moonglimmer strides ahead of the party, eager to find sign of her spider companion, Attercop.

She stoops looking down at the ground. One of her arrows lies sticking up out of the earth. Nearby is a splash of blood, red against the green of the field. There are no dogs, living or dead, in sight.

Moving to the edge of the forest, the bright sunshine is quickly crowded out by the tangle of woods.

An excited chirping is heard coming from overhead. Attercop nimbly climbs down from a tall oak. Moonglimmer can see that he is favoring one of his legs, "Elf-friend! I am so happy to see you! The wolf bit my leg much too hard last night but I will be able to follow you today. When you and other friends went away, I hid in the tallest trees. Elf folk walked underneath me. They carried away dead wolves. Wolf-friend was sad. Elf folk rode away on giant deer."

Upon seeing Attercop, Torus called Homer steps back behind the others in the group. A look of disgust and fear shows on his face at seeing the giant spider.

Actions?