Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
badams30

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis, feeling quite annoyed with this Torus fellow and how he spoke to Bizenghast points a finger at him and says in a low growl "YOU WATCH HOW YOU TALK TO HER, MISTER, OR I'LL BASH YOU!" He grimaces at the man and as he lowers his hands he clenches his fists. He stands next to Bizenghast and observes the goings on, still eyeing Torus suspiciously.

OOC: Otis can't add much at the moment, he'll just keep watch.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Torus, what can you tell us about these runes or how this stone works?" Erwin asks.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:46 am
Torus called Homer stops looking at Otis and immediately turns his attention to Bizenghast. He jumps back several paces and hides behind Susanna.

You can see he examining himself, looking at his arms, legs, and clothing, and then pinching himself. Satisfied that all is in place, he looks at Bizenghast and narrows his eyes, "What, exactly are you playing at young apprentice? I'll not stand for your parlor tricks!"

He dusts himself off and tries to regain his composure, "I thought you wanted to look at this standing stone?"
badams30 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 am
Otis - Fighter

Otis, feeling quite annoyed with this Torus fellow and how he spoke to Bizenghast points a finger at him and says in a low growl "YOU WATCH HOW YOU TALK TO HER, MISTER, OR I'LL BASH YOU!" He grimaces at the man and as he lowers his hands he clenches his fists. He stands next to Bizenghast and observes the goings on, still eyeing Torus suspiciously.

OOC: Otis can't add much at the moment, he'll just keep watch.
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast looks at "Torus called Homer" with shock, then an indignant glare. Sensing Otis move closer to her, she seizes the opportunity to put the mountain-of-a-man in between her and "Torus called Homer." If a single facial expression could say, "Perhaps I regret inviting you along and being nice to you." that's exactly what her face says.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, I'm beginning to regret a lot of things, Businessguest. Let's stay focused here.

Can Fungo try to translate the runes using the common thief skill of reading languages? If so, he will try.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Torus called Homer calms down a bit and addresses Erwin, "These stones are magical. You can surely understand this, right? Some of you seem to be fairly intelligent. I know how this works, but I can't work it myself. I can't read the symbols. I'm hoping one of you can do this...perhaps you (looking at Moonglimmer) or even you (turning towards Bizenghast)?"

"If you can, please make haste!" Torus called Homer begins to scribble on one of his journals.

--------------------------------------
Fungo looks at the symbols on the standing stone. They are faint, the carvings are very shallow from the wear of ages. He touches the stone. Its surface is cool to the touch but he can feel a slight vibration. The symbols make no sense when he looks at them. They are not of any language that he knows.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks up from the stone where he is crouched and wisely says, The symbols on the standing stone are faint, the carvings are very shallow from the wear of ages. Its surface is cool to the touch but I can feel a slight vibration. The symbols make no sense at all. They are not of any language that I know.

Any ideas?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer walks over to the stone. She will scan the glyphs to see if anything seems familiar.

"Well," she will say with a sigh, " We do think we are in Faerieland, so let's see what happens. ". The elf then touches a glyph to see what happens.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis sighs and says "I don't like that town, not one bit. But do you suppose we'd find somethin' out about this stone somewhere there? We can't stay here by this stone forever. We need to find someplace to go before long."

OOC: Otis isn't good at thinking, just doing stuff. He's all for finding a place to go - away from crazy town. Not sure if deciphering this thing will take time or what.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna nods in agreement at Otis, "let's just wait and see," she says. She's also no good at this rune stuff, so she'll make sure the others are safe while they concentrate.

She will, however, see if she can get more info out of Homer / Torus. If there is someone in the town who might possibly be kin, she's willing to take the risk of going back to the village, in order to find out. "What more can you tell me of the man in the village who has this mark?" she asks. "When did he arrive? Where did he come from?"
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

herself wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:31 pm
Susanna nods in agreement at Otis, "let's just wait and see," she says. She's also no good at this rune stuff, so she'll make sure the others are safe while they concentrate.

She will, however, see if she can get more info out of Homer / Torus. If there is someone in the town who might possibly be kin, she's willing to take the risk of going back to the village, in order to find out. "What more can you tell me of the man in the village who has this mark?" she asks. "When did he arrive? Where did he come from?"
"He is an older man. He is called Quintos and lives in one of the houses in the north end of the town. Quintos toils in the fields, preferring to spend his days alone. He's been here since I've arrived...time is meaningless here...I don't know how long ago that may have been. I do not know from where he comes."

----------------------------------------------
Moonglimmer touches the standing stone...she feels a vibration in the rock and for an instant has a flash of a memory! Moonglimmer sees a group of wood elves gathered in circle. She doesn't recognize the faces but she is certain they are of her tribe. The memory gives Moonglimmer a tiny bit of the song of her tribe, like she has just entered into a room when the last note of a choir has been sung. In some strange way, she feels the standing stone has some connection to the lost song of her tribe!

Actions?