Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:16 am
"Have you forgotten we were dropped into the middle of a hunt?" Moonglimmer asks the young sorceress.

"Those dogs had nothing to stop them from ripping out your throat. Oh, except your spell, which brought one down."
"I have not forgotten; it was terrifying, and not the first time I've had to run for my life being hunted. We don't know the hounds would've killed? Didn't the villagers say nothing, rarely, happens when caught?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo replies, Yes, but can we trust the villagers? They seem ensorcelled, each and every one of them. They could be speaking true and could be buttering us up for the slaughter. I say we... Fungo's mouth waters at the phrase "buttering up" to the point of overflow and it's difficult to make out the rest...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis sighs and says "I don't like any of this. I'm not a smart man, but I know when somethin' ain't right. And it ain't right here. I'm going to this here dinner with my sword, and if anyone gives me an inkling that they're up to no good, I'm gonna stick em. And that goes for the king fella too. I aim to be asking some questions, and they better answer em, or I'm fixin' to git mad."

Otis will get cleaned up, but he'll keep his gear with him. He'll keep a close eye on that Homer guy, just to see how he's acting during all these goings on.

OOC: Oh well. Let's see what happens.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:37 pm
Otis - Fighter

Otis sighs and says "I don't like any of this. I'm not a smart man, but I know when somethin' ain't right. And it ain't right here. I'm going to this here dinner with my sword, and if anyone gives me an inkling that they're up to no good, I'm gonna stick em. And that goes for the king fella too. I aim to be asking some questions, and they better answer em, or I'm fixin' to git mad."

Otis will get cleaned up, but he'll keep his gear with him. He'll keep a close eye on that Homer guy, just to see how he's acting during all these goings on.

OOC: Oh well. Let's see what happens.
Bizenghast listens to her companions, then turns to Otis... "That's fair. We'll eat, see what's going on, and maybe try the stone again tomorrow."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The long tables are set with clean linens and fine platters and goblets. Cicero ushers the party to sit a side table near the head table.
Excited townsfolk gather and sit down, chattering excitedly. Torus called Homer is seated among the townsfolk. He seems to be avoiding your gaze.

No food or wine is on the table yet. The roast hog has been removed from the fire, presumably to a nearby kitchen.

From the town meeting hall, a bell is struck three times. As the last strike of the bell, the townsfolk all settle down...no one speaks...it is as if they are holding their breath in anticipation.

Time passes...

You can feel the breeze begin to pick up. There's a smell on the air that reminds of you of a clean spring morning and a fragrance of wildflowers...

...in the distance a slight tinkling sound comes on the breeze...then the sound of music...flutes and silver bells...and it grows louder as a large group crosses the bridge.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis will sit still, arms crossed and with his best uninterested expression on his face. He'll remain seated unless his friends get up. He shakes his head and mumbles "Here we go."

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer sits erect, steeling herself as if for battle. She will make her face as expressionless as possible in anticipation of the pomp and circumstance she expects to witness.

In a momentary fit of anxiety, the elf whispers, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

After a brief smile to any of her companions who look to her, she resumes her rigid stoicism.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

Before the Sorceress even realizes what she's doing, she bolts straight up and sprints for the window! Like a child on Christmas, she watches the crossing on the bridge, muttering only a..."Oooooooh... "

If she remains unhindered...

As the parading caravan crosses the bridge and gets closer, Bizenghast realizes she's the only person out of her seat. Embarrassment crossed with guilt, she ducks and makes her way back to her seat, quickly, like a guilty thief.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin watches the procession with interest, but takes no actions. "Steady my friends, I don't think we're in any danger tonight, but I'd advise us all to stick to our rations while we have them."

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna (still in her usual clothes) will crane her neck to see if she can spot the man with the marking like hers. She's anxious at the approach of these new people, and she'll take Erwin's advice about eating her rations.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank