Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by greyarea »

Anyway, I just need to get a mop or something for this drink I've spilled, says Fungo. I feel so clumsy here. I may look no worse for wear but my heart yearns for home and I fear it is affecting my... never mind. I will clean after myself.

But I couldn't help but pause here: I find cages fascinating, Cloudtimmus. I was just admiring the workmanship. Are you a cagerer? I knew someone back home who was a cagerer. Designed the most delicate cages from whips of precious metals which could hold a troll. Amazing. Where did you learn cagery?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar scoffs. Those curs would've torrn out my throat if i hadn't killed them. You'd hve done the same! Now, let me out of this here cage, and we'll settle this like men.

The dwarf eyes Fungo with interest, bemused by his comments regarding the cage.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"They are going to execute him! We need a distraction..." Erwin whispers to Otis.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:04 am
"They are going to execute him! We need a distraction..." Erwin whispers to Otis.
Otis bristles when he hears that the plan is to execute the dwarf. "WHAT? I'm going to talk to this King and set this straight! I kin be polite and respectful too... I've got this!"

Otis will keep his sword sheathed and shield on his back and he approaches the King (as long as no one stops him)

OOC: Otis will just ask the King to please set this guy free, and if he doesn't agree, or if anyone gives him a hard time, then he'll go to plan B (which will involve a sword, a distraction and an untimely death)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

As Otis moves towards the king's table, four large guards move to intercept him, black shafted axes held in front of them. They form a wall and watch for Otis's next action.

----------------------------------
Claudius has had all he can take of the inquisitive hobbit. He lifts his cudgel overhead and cries out, "Enough from you, little piggie! You can examine the cage from the inside!"

Two hobgoblins move to snatch Fungo!

The villagers are frozen in place! They look on in horror as the celebration begins to head south!
----------------------------------
Initiative fairies 3, Fungo 1

The hobgoblins rush to grab Fungo. I'm using grappling rules. Each hobgoblin gets 1d6 vs Fungo's 2d6 (since Fungo has 2 hd),
Hobgob's try to grab the little guy....roll=12 and 2, one grabs him. Contest of hobgoblin vs Fungo....hobgob's roll=6, Fungo's roll=4

One of the hobgoblins tries to catch Fungo, but the hobbit slips away from him. The other hobgoblin rushes Fungo, grabs him, and scoops him up onto his shoulder. "Here's a fine little pig! Open the cage and let's throw him in with his brother!"

Actions? First half of round 1 is over. PCs may act now.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis, torn between wanting to stab someone and to avoid a huge fight does his best to interrupt the deteriorating situation.
He scowls at the hobgoblins and says "I ain't gonna do nothing, get outta my face." He'll raise his hands, and not knowing proper etiquette being around a king, he bows in his awkward way and says "Please your majesty, uh, your highness... I'm Otis. Otis of Guyre, and these are my friends. We was gettin' rid of evil stuff in that old fort and yer little warty lookin' orc or whatever he is tricked us away to your nice kingdom here. No disrespect, but folks keep tellin' us to be welcome, but we see fellas in cages and master Fungo here bein' tossed around, and little prince Toodles wantin' to square up with me.... well I'm not feelin' too welcome. Can you please let these two little fellas go?" Gesturing toward Claudius he says "If this Turdius guy wants to hit someone with his stick, I'll be happy to oblige, and as my momma said, I'd be happy to repay him in kind with my blade."

Otis smiles at the king, and then bows politely toward the queen. He clearly has no clue if his masterful diplomacy has worked, or he's going to be next on the hobgoblin hit list. If anyone makes a move toward him though, he'll back up and draw his sword, ready to meet his maker.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer will quietly and carefully get up from her seat and walk toward Claudius.

If or when she reaches him, she will take one of two actions:

If he is facing her, she will approach as close as possible and knee him in the crotch.

If his back is to her, she will grab him by his hair and attempt to drag him towards the Royals.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin leaps over the table and charges at the Hobgoblin holding Fungo. He attempts to jab the Hobgoblin in the nose with his staff so he will let go of the Hobbit.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo knees the hobgoblin in the nose and twists to get away!

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar watches the fracas unfold with great interest and trepidation. It appears to be all he can do for the moment.