Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by greyarea »

Well, that wasn't it, observes Fungo. His shoulders drop and his tummy rumbles. He checks his rations and ventures his fingers in the sack, but pulls them back when he realizes that he might need to make the food last.

This stinks, he says, falling in with the others.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna nods at what the others are saying. It does appear they are well and truly stuck.

"The people in the village don't know anything," she says. "Maybe there is someone else--somewhere--who might be able to help us?"

I think that's about the extent of her rational logical reasoning capabilities! :lol:
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

herself wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:57 pm
Susanna nods at what the others are saying. It does appear they are well and truly stuck.

"The people in the village don't know anything," she says. "Maybe there is someone else--somewhere--who might be able to help us?"

I think that's about the extent of her rational logical reasoning capabilities! :lol:
"There is usually an old hermit or wise old crone to help..." Moonglimmer says to Susanna as she nods her head toward Torus also called Homer. " I think we met our quota. "

As the group walks back to the village, Moonglimmer will query Torus:

"Torus, can you tell us about Oberon's hunting party?

Who are the fey accompanying him?

Who are the other creatures?

Can you tell us anything about the dogs they use?

Are the arrows poisoned or bewitched?

What happens to prey who are caught?

Is there a prize for eluding the hunters?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:33 am

As the group walks back to the village, Moonglimmer will query Torus:

"Torus, can you tell us about Oberon's hunting party?

Who are the fey accompanying him?

Who are the other creatures?

Can you tell us anything about the dogs they use?

Are the arrows poisoned or bewitched?

What happens to prey who are caught?

Is there a prize for eluding the hunters?"
Torus called Homer walks back with the group towards the village. He seems disappointed by the failure of Bizenghast to work some magic.
He replies to Moonglimmer, "I was never part of the hunt. Others, I know, have been chosen. The villagers seem to think it is a great honor. Those that chosen come back, most of the time. All intact, more or less. Maybe a few cuts and scratches from stumbling around in the forest at night."

"Those dogs are trained to scent out the prey. They have a couple handlers run the dogs during the hunt."

"I don't know much about their arrows. I never been shot and don't intend to!"

"The only prize I've ever seen is being guest of honor at the feast. Most folks arouind here have no need for any gold. They live every day exactly like the day before...that is why I need to get out of here before I go mad!"

The villagers are busy in the village, making preparations for a great feast. Long tables are being set up just outside the town hall. Linen clothes are neatly set, decorative wooden trenchers and wine cups are carefully placed. At one end of the square, a large hog is slowly roasting.

As the villagers see the party enter the town, each one waves and greets the party warmly.

About an hour or so until dusk.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis- Fighter

Otis listens dourly and shakes his head. "I don't like this one bit. I don't understand things good like some of you do, but I know this place ain't right. I wonder what these jerks would do if we just didn't go to their stupid party? I ain't eatin' their crazy food either."

Otis grimaces and stomps about, nervously rubbing the pommel of his sword. As the party does, he does.

OOC: Probably not much choice here. I guess Otis will go, but SPOILER ALERT: Otis is probably going to do something unwise.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo’s shoulders slump. Looking bad for us.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Oh, cheer up," Moonglimmer says in feigned joy. "If Oberon kills us, maybe we will be brought back as spirits to haunt the village forever."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo brightens at that thought. Haunting the master of this... dungeon of a place would be marvelous.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

The Sorceress thinks for a moment..."I love 'creepy'!"

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin does not intend to eat the food offered, but he'll sit and watch the festivities. "I say let's bide our time and try again with the stone tomorrow."