Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:45 am
Pondering, Moonglimmer turns to Torus and asks, "Does the Faerie King Oberon have a queen? And if so, do they ever squabble? "
"Yes, my lady. She is called Titania and she is the Queen of the Fairies. Not to offend your lovely countenance, but Queen Titania's beauty is unsurpassed."

Torus called Homer glances at the studious Bizenghast, "...and if she doesn't figure this out, we'll be back in town for the banquet in your honor."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis raises an eyebrow and says "What will they do if we don't show up for this banquet? And what usually happens at this banquet?"

OOC: I don't really want to know, but what the heck.

herself

Post by herself »

"Tell me if I can help," Susanna says to the magic-users. She's torn between wanting to get home, and away from this strange place, and actually staying for a while to find out more about her mark. Besides, life wasn't that great for her back...across the way. But she doesn't want to be separated from the group, so for now she is happy to support their actions to try to read the stone.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Sounds like Moonglimmer and Susanna have reasons to stay for maybe one more night. We can always try reading the runes/spell tomorrow. We would be safe if we stayed in town at least. But we would have to write all this down so as not to forget what we have to do under the influence of the fey magic in town. If we want to try having Bizenghast read the runes now that is also fine with Erwin.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo is in the same boat as Erwin and agrees with him.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

OOC: Meeting Oberon at the banquet will be the game-changer. Remember Claudius said we are supposed to serve his king. For what purpose?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

When Fungo attempts to read Bizenghast's scroll, his eyes cross and he feels a little light headed. It looks too jumble for the little hobbit to make any sense of the scroll.

Torus called Homer looks at Otis, "The feast of the Fairy KIng is a grand affair! This is when newcomers are christened with a name and given a chance to make sport with the king's retinue..." and then to no one in particular, Torus starts mumbling, "...let me look in my notes here...who was the guest of honor at the last feast?...hmmmm....."

Torus is deep into his journal, stopping occasionally to write a quick note.

Actions?

Three hours till dusk

@Bizenghast, are you contemplating trying to cast a spell right off of the symbols on the standing stone or would you rather wait until you have a chance to memorize your spells?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Torus, will Queen Titania most likely be attending the feast?" Moonglimmer inquires.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis glances about, trying to process Homer's words. "A name? My name is Otis. My mama wouldn't take kindly to someone givin' me a new name. That ain't gonna work. Besides, I've got some questions for this guy, I wanna go home. I don't like it here. Wait till I see this guy.... banquet... sounds like a bunch of tricks..."

Otis paces about nervously, mumbling, lost in his thoughts...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo agrees with Otis, Yeah, we don't need new names. When my momma named me after her... well, maybe a new name wouldn't be the worst thing but I still don't want one.