Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

Post by jcftao »

Guyot de Fortunato listens quietly to the magic-user's lack of knowledge about the Ways, "Well, perhaps it is something you don't know but can feel...just like a bird doesn't need to think about flying...it just takes wing. Don't doubt yourself, either you can get us out of here or no...you are our only chance."

"Let us go from here, it is a very strange place...oh, by the way...I promised that bear over there that I would help him get home too. But don't listen to a word he says. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a lying bear!"

"Now, let's get your friends and leave here with haste!"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin hears a soft knock on the door and the fey nurse enters, "Lord Erwin, you haven't been up, have you? Oh my stars, your bandage is leaking! Let me change it." She prepares a new bandage.
"I brought you some soup and bread and some wine. Please eat. It will help you regain your strength."

When asked about Fungo, the nurse says, "Why, Lord Erwin, would you want to see him?! He is a low criminal who tried to assassinate our beloved King Oberon! The King would not want you to see him."

She changes Erwin's bandage and fluffs his pillow. I will check on you anon."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis wanders back down the tower stairs. He opens a few doors. Some are empty. One is bare except for a gilded mirror on the wall. Otis looks in it and all he can see is a black void, no reflection at all. Staring for a few moments, he sees a glow in the depths of the mirror and it grows. It looks like something is approaching from a distance. The brightness grows.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Moonglimmer is overwhelmed by the singing and dancing. The song they sing doesn't seem familiar to her, but the experience makes her long for her tribe's song. She tries hard to remember even just a hint of it but cannot. When she first touched the standing stone, she had a brief moment of clarity. Now it is as if it were just a dream.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Carondolet returns to Fungo's cell. He pulls the hobbit from the wall and drops him on his head, "His majesty wouldn't want anything to happen to you before you lose your head."

"Here's your gag...I told you I'd get it for you and I didn't forget. Now, let's just get this on now....oh, I guess I better adjust your manacles. Don't want you to take the gag off when I leave." The big guard puts his knee on Fungo's back and unlocks his arm manacles. When finished that is done he says, "Now get some rest. You look awful. Oh, by the way, any more nonsense from you and I'll come back in and...well...you'll see...and you have my word on that."

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:32 am
Guyot de Fortunato listens quietly to the magic-user's lack of knowledge about the Ways, "Well, perhaps it is something you don't know but can feel...just like a bird doesn't need to think about flying...it just takes wing. Don't doubt yourself, either you can get us out of here or no...you are our only chance."

"Let us go from here, it is a very strange place...oh, by the way...I promised that bear over there that I would help him get home too. But don't listen to a word he says. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a lying bear!"

"Now, let's get your friends and leave here with haste!"
Susanna looks over at the bear with curiosity and suspicion. (Is it dancing?) She will try to drag Hadrian away when she gets a chance and explain the situation to him.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:44 am
When asked about Fungo, the nurse says, "Why, Lord Erwin, would you want to see him?! He is a low criminal who tried to assassinate our beloved King Oberon! The King would not want you to see him."
"Assassinate? As I recall he threw a plate at the king, hardly dangerous. Can you at least tell me where he is and what is to become of him?"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis stares in rapt fascination at the approaching object in the mirror. He steps back to close the door behind him and he moves back to the mirror. He says quietly, to no one in particular "Somethin's coming..." And he'll wait to see what it is, his hand slowly moving to the hilt of his sword for comfort....

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:33 pm
jcftao wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:44 am
"Assassinate? As I recall he threw a plate at the king, hardly dangerous. Can you at least tell me where he is and what is to become of him?"
"Well, certainly you understand that he assaulted King Oberon? And to make matters worse, your friend, the elf, she was firing arrows at our King!"

"The assassin is surely locked up in the dungeon and will most likely be executed at dawn."

"There now, your dressing is changed and you should rest up. I'll leave you to get some sleep. Goodnight, milord."

She leaves.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

To be fair <insert Letterkenny GIF here>, Fungo was trying to kill the king. Or at least wouldn't have been sad if the king's head had been served on that platter.