Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
herself

Re: Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:38 am
Susanna looks towards the lights in the windows. They are too far to make out any persons within, but an occasional figure can be seen moving past some windows.

Hadrian scratches his head and thinks about Susanna's question, "We may find another way in. I don't know if there is one but we can search for one. Do you think your shaman friend has been captured?"

At that moment, many floating balls of light lift off from the keep and float lazily outward. Hadrian motions for Susanna to duck down as the lights move across the moat and then turn to the north into the woods.

Actions...do you want to follow the orbs, stay here, or move southward to find another opening?
She thinks. "She may have been captured, but I also know she is very capable. Perhaps she too is wondering what to do next."

She will look at Hadrian and raise an eyebrow as if to ask, do you know what those are? "Is that a sign? Do you know what they are?" She thinks hard (she'll need a lie-down soon). "The keep isn't going anywhere, let's see what these are. We can always come back if they prove to be nothing."
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

How many orbs were there?

Has Moonglimmer ever seen anything like them before?

Can Moonglimmer trail them while hidden in the tree line?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:11 am
How many orbs were there?

Has Moonglimmer ever seen anything like them before?

Can Moonglimmer trail them while hidden in the tree line?
Moonglimmer watches as the orbs float towards the north. She sees one glowing with a greenish light in a tree branch nearby.

It is a small fairie, resting on the branch and holding a fairie lantern. It sees Moonglimmer and swings its little feet while sitting on a branch and then giggles with childlike excitement.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:08 pm
Moonglimmer watches as the orbs float towards the north. She sees one glowing with a greenish light in a tree branch nearby.

It is a small fairie, resting on the branch and holding a fairie lantern. It sees Moonglimmer and swings its little feet while sitting on a branch and then giggles with childlike excitement.

"Hello, Little One," the elf says with a big smile.

"I am called Moonglimmer. What is your name?"

The elf will carefully approach the small fairy in order to speak intimately.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

As Moonglimmer approaches, the fairie can hardly contain itself. It glows brightly and flits quickly around the elf maiden, playfully pulling her hair and throwing her cloak over her head. She does no harm and Moonglimmer feels that the little fairy is quite excited to have a playmate.

The fairy giggles and the sound is like tiny bells tinkling, "Well met, fey-cousin! You shouldn't tell your name to just anyone! My name is...well...you can call me "Flittersong"! Do you like games? I do! I bet I beat you to that old tree and back!"

"Is that spider your husband? We have spiders in the fey realm, but they're not the marrying type..."

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 pm
As Moonglimmer approaches, the fairie can hardly contain itself. It glows brightly and flits quickly around the elf maiden, playfully pulling her hair and throwing her cloak over her head. She does no harm and Moonglimmer feels that the little fairy is quite excited to have a playmate.

The fairy giggles and the sound is like tiny bells tinkling, "Well met, fey-cousin! You shouldn't tell your name to just anyone! My name is...well...you can call me "Flittersong"! Do you like games? I do! I bet I beat you to that old tree and back!"

"Is that spider your husband? We have spiders in the fey realm, but they're not the marrying type..."
"Race you!" Moonglimmer whispers as she runs to the old tree, gauging Flittersong's speed and letting her just barely win.

Once the race is over, Moonglimmer giggles, "The spider is my brother, not my husband, Flittersong."

And with a wicked grin, she adds, "And I probably have as many names as you."

Looking around, Moonglimmer asks, "Where do you normally reside, Flittersong? Here in this forest? In the fort?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Flittersong zips around the elf maiden once again, "Wherever I lay my head is my home! I live in the trees, under the moon, and over the marshes."

Flittersong grabs Moonglimmer's cloak and pulls her northward, "Come with me! There is dancing and song in the forest! Come meet my sisters and the others! There will be much merriment, you must come!"

The little fairy flits off, her lantern aglow.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

(Presumably, Bienghast and Bengar have been quietly watching....)

"I am going to follow the fairies and find out what I can.

Are you coming with me, or going to the fort?"

(Whatever they choose, Moonglimmer and Attercop will follow Flittersong to the FairyFest.)

herself

Post by herself »

mythictom wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:34 pm
(Presumably, Bienghast and Bengar have been quietly watching....)

"I am going to follow the fairies and find out what I can.

Are you coming with me, or going to the fort?"

(Whatever they choose, Moonglimmer and Attercop will follow Flittersong to the FairyFest.)
If Suzanna sees the others moving after the orbs she'll elbow Hadrian and hiss "come on!" at him.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Just a short way's away the faeries are gathered in a small opening in the forest. A lumpy old boulder sits in the middle of the clearing. Around it is assembled the most strange collection of faeries, pixies, sprites, and what have you, that you have ever seen!

Round and round the boulder they dance and jump, singing and laughing as they frolic. There are quite a few assorted creatures among them. You can see a half dozen goblin-kin, a dwarf with moss growing from his beard, and a large black bear wearing a cap and trousers!

Leaning near a willow tree is a large cat. He is sporting a blue velvet vest, red leather boots, and a plumed hat. You notice he also wears a thin sword. He watches the festivities nonchalantly.

Flittersong pulls on Moonglimmer to join. Several other faeries break off from the dance and rush to help, laughing all the while. Others fly around Bengar and Bizenghast and pull on their cloaks, urging them to come along.

About this time, Susanna and Hadrian join the group and a cheer and applause erupt from many of the faeries. They seem to be delighted to have more folk join the party.