Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by greyarea »

You could hold the mirror in front of you, so they see their reflection in it. That might give them pause and then we bumrush the show!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

That's an idea. I could come in and say "Look at this!" and when they focus on me, you guys rush them, I'll set the mirror down, and we'll clobber them! Fungo, the tactical genius!

I'll tell Katherine our plan, just so she doesn't freak out...

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis hefts the unwrapped mirror and moves through the doorway. He sees a narrow hallway with a set of stone stairs at the far end. At the base of the stairs are two large hobgoblins dressed in black leather armor and sporting large halberds. They stop short in their quiet conversation and raise their halberds moving forward.

Otis is not sure what exactly happened, but as the two rush to intercept the PCs, a bright flast of light comes from in front of him. He can see the hobgoblins look of shock as the flash of green light bathes them and is then quickly gone. The hobgoblins stand there, frozen and silent, bodies ridgid.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo quickly scans the guards, now frozen. Would the armor fit his little hobbit frame? Do they have short swords or nice daggers he could borrow?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis quickly wraps the mirror back up and will set it down carefully. He'll then dispatch both guards. "We can't have these two coming for us later, or giving away what they've seen..."

He'll then ask Katherine for directions on what to do next.

OOC: Good fortune. Let's hurry.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo quickly searches the guards. He finds a long knife on one of them. Other than that, the armor is much too big for a plump little hobbit.

Otis performs the grim task of dispatching the guards and then peers into the mirror.

Katherine approaches the glass cautiously, "Sir Knight, I am glad you are safe. Search underneath the stone stairs and you will find the secret door. Look for a small mark on one of the stones. The mark will be a small flower."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo takes the knife. He waves to the stair the mirror-lady mentioned, suggesting "let's go."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The others fall in line and follow the determined hobbit. Under the stairs behind some spare crates and old benches is a stone wall. In the dim torchlight, a small but distinct mark on one of the stones. It is a small flower.

Fungo presses it and the wall shifts just a bit. Beyond is a small staircase downward and darkness.

Actions?

Btw...Guyot de Fortunato paces impatiently back and forth in the forest. "Madamoiselles, if we do not hurry, your friends will surely rescue themselves! I am a cat of action! Let us waste not one minute more!" :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, Now that we know a way out, should we go and quickly assassinate the royalty here? We could try to be quick about it.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Let us hurry, then Bengar says in agreement. To the castle!

The dwarf will follow the cat, grateful that his friends back home aren't privy to such a bizarre spectacle.