Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by mythictom »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 am
Let us hurry, then Bengar says in agreement. To the castle!

The dwarf will follow the cat, grateful that his friends back home aren't privy to such a bizarre spectacle.
"Yes!" Moonglimmer agrees. "Let's sneak through the kitchens and see what is afoot."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

As they follow Katherine's instructions to leave via the secret exit, Otis says "Mr. Fungo, as much as I'd like to settle things with that nasty king and queen, I've been through this whole place, and it's filled with guards, not to mention that queen put a mean spell on me, and her and the king can work magic. I think we need to be gettin' out of here while we're lucky." Before he covers the mirror again, he smiles at Katherine and says "Thank you for helpin' us out... I'm lookin' to get back to my home, maybe you can give us some advice on how ta' do that?"

OOC: Otis will be as careful as possible with the mirror and make his way out with Erwin and Fungo. He'll pull the bodies of the guards into the secret space before they leave, so as to cover their tracks as much as possible.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo shrugs, grins (causing his split to bleed again), and follows Otis.

herself

Post by herself »

mythictom wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:39 am
tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 am
Let us hurry, then Bengar says in agreement. To the castle!

The dwarf will follow the cat, grateful that his friends back home aren't privy to such a bizarre spectacle.
"Yes!" Moonglimmer agrees. "Let's sneak through the kitchens and see what is afoot."
Susanna is in agreement! She will fall in line with the bear, who seems a capable, yet relatively quiet, sort of individual.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin follows Otis as well.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Grabbing a torch, the trio make their way down the narrow steps.
Otis has a bit of a struggle to get the large mirror down the steps, but eventually manage to do so.

The guards are then pulled into the passageway and the secret door is closed.

The narrow passage continues for about 60' and ends at a bolted iron bound door.

A hook on the wall holds six travelling cloaks and a cloth bag full of dried rations.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo hands each of the others a cloak and puts one on himself. He checks the rations, his stomach growling enough to cause an echo and wonders if it's worth risking eating anything here. He decides to extend his fast.

He then listens at the door.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Susanna, Bengar, Moonglimmer, Bizenghast, along with Hadrian, Guyot, and Berlioz, make their way cautiously around the rear of the keep. They cross a shallow ditch filled with weeds and brambles and then climb up to level ground near the wall of the keep. Half a dozen wooden shapes can be seen in the light of the moon. Beyond them is a wooden door set into the wall.

"Those are beehives. The castle staff come out to collect honey to make those delicious honey cakes! You remember them, Guyot? I enjoyed them greatly, that is, before the King threw us out of his hall."

"On occasion, I would sneak out here to get a bit of that honey....yum!"

If you could see well enough in the dark, you'd see the cat, Guyot, rolling his eyes.

"That door leads is used by the kitchen staff. It goes past a guard post, so we'll need to be quiet. I hope one of you can wizard open that door. I'm sure it will be locked."

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo hears nothing at the door.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis says “grab a cloak for me, I’ve got my hands full.” He’ll wait for someone to open the door so we can leave quickly. He says quietly “we’re almost out, Katherine...”