Too bad, Biz doesn't have fireball. :lol: :lol: :lol:

greyarea

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:19 am
greyarea wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:06 am
When Fungo hears “... As long as she is a proficient magician...” he mutters, Great. I may as well head back to my cell...
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast casts sleep on Fungo, "Silence, you fool. You're welcome to go back to your cell; probably best for the rest of us!"
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Petty in-fighting is fun and all..." Moonglimmer interjects, "but the hounds are leading the faeries here."

The elf then realizes "And I bet they know how to use the stone, so we should hurry!"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis brings the mirror close to the stone and says “Biz, Miss Katherine can show you how to do this, but we’ve got to hurry! Quickly! You can do this!”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Bizenghast confers with Katherine as they inspect the symbols on the standing stone. Katherine guides the young magician in the study of the confusing sprawl of symbols. Suddenly, Bizenghast has a moment of clarity. She can hear the arcane symbols voiced in her head. Bizenghast strugglings to remember the words that the treacherous fey hobgoblin Claudius used to send the party here.

Her concern is that, is it the right phrase?

----------------------------------------------------
As the sound of barking grows louder, Bizenghast holds her arms out, takes a breath, and utters a single powerful word...

The stone glows with an eerie purple light that bathes all those surrounding the standing stone.

Then a feeling of dizziness and pressure in your head....and then blackness.

----------------------------------------------------

Around you is complete darkness, the night sky is black, no moon or clouds, no stars. You feel a stone path under your feet. Striking flint to steel, you are able to light a torch. The flame pushes back the darkness but only about 30' in all directions. You stand on a gray cobblestone road about 12' wide. Dead weeds stick up in tufts in places. Off the road is a strange surface, not dirt or meadow. It is dark brown, mottled with greens and yellows and yields slightly to pressuse, cool to the touch but not damp. like a great patch of loam.

The stillness is unnerving. Each noise your footstep makes seems louder. The clank of armor as you walk sounds like the crashing of armies. When you stop to listen, the silence is deafening until all you hear is the blood rushing in your ears.

-------------------------------
Moonglimmer can hear a faint sound. It brings back a strong memory of her tribe's song...but it is so very faint...like the echo of a note after the song has ended.
-------------------------------
Bengar feels unwell. The darkness is no bother to the dwarf, but the yawning blackness above him is unnerving. He feels his mind reeling and something slips away...[I rolled a sanity check for each of the PCs and NPCs. Bengar failed the check. He has lost one Sanity Die and is shaken for 10 rounds (-1 to all rolls)]

OOC--I've added some Sanity rules to the House Rules thread if you want to see more.

Actions?

Current Status of the PCs
Erwin hp 5/8
Bengar hp 2/7
Fungo hp 5/9
Attercop hp 6/13
Moonglimmer hp 5/7
Otis hp 11/11
Bizenghast hp 7/7
Susanna hp 7/7

NPCs
Katherine (an enchanted mirror)
Hadrian
Torus called Homer
Guyot de Fortunato (a cat)
Berlioz (a black bear)

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo snores. Probably apnea.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer listens intently for the song she heard upon arrival.

Is it gone? In the distance? Can she tell a direction?

Also, is there a standing stone here?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The song was close for an instant and then gone. It is dark in all directions, even with your better vision, you cannot see anything but a cobblestone road. The stone road lies ahead of you and behind you. The land all around you is flat and the surface looks spongey and brown. No trees, stones, or structures that you can see.

Overhead you feel a great expanse of darkness, but it is starless. You get the feeling that you are all alone in an infinite black void. It is quite unsettling to say the least.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"We must stay on the road," Moonglimmer says with a frown.

The elf then looks to the cat and the bear and asks, "Have either of you been here before?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Guyot looks around with wide eyes, "Madamoiselle, we seem to be someplace other than where we are meant to be, no?"

The cat pulls out his sword and turns around looking into the darkness, "Well, when we travelled through the standing stones it was with an impetuous nymph. She was not serious at all. In the end, she left us both high and dry in the land of the faeries. You could say, she was a fae weather friend..." and the cat chuckles a bit at his own joke.

"I'm sure that a powerful wizard can whisk us to our destination with little troubles..."

Berlioz, the black bear, stands there stoically and says, "I'll keep my eye out for a powerful wizard."

"No, this isn't right at all...", Torus called Homer interrupts. "When I was captured by the faeries, we just "Poofed!" and came to the fey realm. I think we are lost."