Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by merias »

Erwin watches anxiously from the wood line for his companions.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Katherine (the mirror) speaks quietly to Otis, "Brave Knight, you can only leave by traveling through the standing stones. I can make the symbols clear to one of your company, but only if they are familiar with arcane matters...but let us delay no longer. The sooner we make it to the standing stone, the safer we will be from the king and queen."

The party regroups just north of the Keep to where Erwin waits patiently. A brief but happy reunion ensues and then they flee to the south, making a wide berth around the keep and moving quietly through the woods.

Hadrian tells Susanna, "We have just passed the cave with my drawings. The standing stones are close."

---------------------------------------------------
A short time later, the party approaches the standing stone. It is about 100 yards in the distance.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

As the group pauses, Otis says "Miss Katherine can show someone how to work this thing, but ya gots to know magic." He'll unwrap the mirror once we reach the stones and are assured that all is secure.
Otis whispers to his new mirror friend "I hope we can get outta here quick and no one's around to mess with us."

OOC: Otis will be especially careful carrying the mirror, we've made it so far, just need to get to the stone! We should probably recon the stone quickly to make sure it's not guarded or someone is lying in wait. Is there anyone who could take Katherine if we get in trouble so Otis can fight?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, upon seeing the stones, Oh not this again. First they get us here. Then they get us captured. These stones ain't nothing but trouble.

I hope your mirror maid knows what she's doing, Otis.

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:23 am
A brief but happy reunion ensues and then they flee to the south, making a wide berth around the keep and moving quietly through the woods.

Hadrian tells Susanna, "We have just passed the cave with my drawings. The standing stones are close."

---------------------------------------------------
A short time later, the party approaches the standing stone. It is about 100 yards in the distance.

Actions?
Susanna happily greets her friends and sighs with relief. She follows the group back to the now-familiar stone. She's no magic user, but she will still look hard at the stone. Does anything seem different about it?

If not, she will try to make herself useful by keeping "on guard" in case they are being followed.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

The Sorceress ponders quietly to herself if she has adequate knowledge to understand the mirror's runes, as presented.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar - dwarf thief

I'll investigate, but I ain't touchin' it! the dwarf offers. He'll advance, all thief-like. :D After the day he's had, the very sight of a woman trapped in a mirror just doesn't phase him.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

As Bengar approaches the standing stone, a cloaked figure moves out from behind it.

He waits with arms at his side.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks for an aerodynamic platter in case it’s the Elfking.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 am
As Bengar approaches the standing stone, a cloaked figure moves out from behind it.

He waits with arms at his side.

Actions?
Moonglimmer swiftly nocks an arrow and draws her bow.

"Who are you?" she shouts as she aims at the figure, prepared to fire.