Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by greyarea »

Fungo listens intently.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by merias »

Erwin will wait out of sight and rush in to assist if Otis attacks, hoping to attack the guard from behind.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis shrugs and says "Okay, okay", and he starts to turn like he's leaving, and then he'll swing around as he draws his sword, swinging it as quickly as he can at the guard.

OOC: Prior to coming down, Otis will tell Erwin to shut any door once stuff starts kicking off, and join him in the beatdown if he wants.

User avatar
herself
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 am
mythictom wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:36 am
Meanwhile, in the nearby forest....

Moonglimmer asks Guyot and Berlioz to tell them what they know about the fairies and their castle.
Guyot says, "well, I know that there are scores of guards in the keep, but they are spread out among the towers and the gatehouse. Also, the faerie nobles spends much of their nights in their cups. Too much revelry, even for a famous revelry such as myself! They mostly just spend time drinking, hunting, and kidnapping folks. I've seen enough and am ready to leave the fey realm."
Susanna is listening in to the conversation. She asks Moonglimmer, "If we can figure out where they might be held, do you think we should try to sneak in at night to free them?" She looks uncertain, but asks Guyot and Berlioz, "would you both be interested in helping us free our friends? You look like you can hold your own..."
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by jcftao »

herself wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm

Susanna is listening in to the conversation. She asks Moonglimmer, "If we can figure out where they might be held, do you think we should try to sneak in at night to free them?" She looks uncertain, but asks Guyot and Berlioz, "would you both be interested in helping us free our friends? You look like you can hold your own..."
Guyot bows once again to Susanna, "Mademoiselle, I have pledged to help you! If you wish to free your friends, just say the word and I will be at your side! And Berlioz, too!"

The black bear stands nearby and grunts, hopefully in affirmation.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by jcftao »

Otis turns back around and then suddenly whips his sword from the scabbard and lunges for the hobgoblin guard!

His blade slides off the boiled black armor.

The guard grunts and levels his halberd, thrusting to run poor Otis through and through!

The heavy chain mesh catches the point as Otis leaps back!

The guard moves back towards the far doorway preparing to flee next round.

Round 2---the guard has flung the far door open and makes one more attack on Otis...the halberd makes a vicious cut at Otis, but his chainmail holds!

Otis slices at the guard but his sword only cuts into the shaft of the halberd.

Charging down the stairs comes Erwin to the rescue, boar spear leveled at the hobgoblin.

Erwin misses badly but keeps from falling through the door.

Round 3---

Otis makes another cut at the guard but is blocked again!

Erwin lunges desperately with the boar spear and hits his mark! The spear sinks deep into the guard's abdomen. He screams and then falls down the stone stairs DEAD!

A dimly lit stairway is before you. The dead guard lies on the steps.

Actions?



Initiative PCs=6, guard=2, Otis attacks=9 miss! Guard attacks=12 miss!
Initiative PCs=2, guard=6, guard attacks=13 miss! Otis attacks=8 miss!
Erwin attacks=4 miss!
Initiative PCs=6, guard=4, Otis attacks=8 miss! Erwin attacks=20 crit! Max damage=6+1=7points!

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis grumbles at the fallen jailer, then he looks for a place to hide the jailer's body (searching it first to see if we can locate the keys to free Fungo).

Otis pats Erwin on the shoulder "Thanks for sticking him, I wasn't having much luck." He turns to Fungo and says "Hey mister Fungo, we came to get you!" With his characteristic cheer Otis quickly rambles: "Now we need to get outta here, but if they see us with Mr Fungo, they'll know somethin's up. And I gotta get Katherine. I think maybe we should try that tower exit, the one that's kind of hidden. Maybe Fungo can open it up without the key? What do you think we should do, Mr. Erwin? I gotta get Katherine, I know that much."

OOC: Perhaps Otis should grab and cover the mirror before Erwin and Fungo come up, and then we'll rendezvous and head for whatever exit we agree upon. Should we pretend Fungo is a prisoner of ours? Or just forget any subterfuge and just try to make our break as quickly as we can?

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by merias »

"Let's stick together, we can grab Fungo and head back to your mirror lady," Erwin says.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

So we'll free Fungo, then make our way to the mirror, Otis will grab something as non-descript as possible to cover it and pad it then we'll make our way out ASAP.

User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: Chapter7 ~ Escape from the Keep

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar steps forward and says to Susanna: Your pudgy friend helped spring me from that cage. The least I can do is help him escape in turn. I am with you!

Post Reply