Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by greyarea »

Fungo’s eyebrows raise at Bizenghast‘s words. His tummy rumbles and he places his hand on it.

I guess we should find some hobbits to eat soon then, I’m starving.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The cobblestone road begins to rise and you look to the sides and see that you are on an arched bridge of stone. The loamy surface on either side has dropped off into the darkness. Listening for a moment, you can hear the gurgle of water. It doesn't sound like it is running swiftly, but in your mind you picture a viscous oozing river of unknown origin.

The sound of the water and the dark expanse around you conjurs up images of some strage alien landscape, your senses reel as you try hard not to think about it.

As you cross the bridge, the first flicker of light appears ahead. You see a stone building, two stories, with a painted wooden shingle hanging over the door. The sign has a faded picture on it of a maiden with a blindfold over her eyes, sword in her right hand, and a set of scales in her left. The shutters are closed, but a glow comes from between them.

Across from the building is another long stone building that appears to be a stable. It too has a closed door and shuttered windows.

Actions?

herself

Post by herself »

"Look," Susanna says. "If there are lights there must be people...right?"
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress
greyarea wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:54 am
Fungo’s eyebrows raise at Bizenghast‘s words. His tummy rumbles and he places his hand on it.
I guess we should find some hobbits to eat soon then, I’m starving.
Mmm... she looks at the "stuntie," "Yes! Yes you should! But, as that tummy grumbles, be sure to nibble on yourself until then." she says with a wink.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

herself wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 am
"Look," Susanna says. "If there are lights there must be people...right?"
"Well, maybe not people...but something alive."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo has second thoughts given Bizenghast's suggestion, nibbling on himself doesn't sound fun.

Perhaps it is filled with faerie that wish to kill us, he suggests. You know, like last time. We could burn it down so we don't face the King of Elfland again...

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar, trying to keep his fear at bay, regards the stone buildings. Not built by Dwarven hands, to be sure. Not in this infernal place, at any rate. Somebody give me something with a blade on it, would ya?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis stares at the odd place and says "Well... I've been in worse places I guess. Maybe we check it out. Someone inside might be able to tell us where we can find another one of them stones maybe... and Master Fungo is hungry, so perhaps they have some grub on hand."

OOC: Otis is for checking this place out. If Erwin doesn't need it Otis can offer his boar spear to the dwarf till he can find something more to his liking.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Yes, let's go in, I don't see any other thing for us to do in this place," Erwin says. He looks around and takes stock of the party weapons - did Erwin manage to escape with his pack and staff? If he has at least his dagger he'll offer Bengar the spear.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Bengar should have a spear and dagger from Moonglimmer.