Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
tumblingdice

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by tumblingdice »

mythictom wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:46 pm
Bengar should have a spear and dagger from Moonglimmer.
Oops! You're right. Withdrawn, your honor. :D

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Inside you find a common room with a half dozen tables and a low fire in the hearth. A woman dressed in a green gown stands near another doorway. Her skin is ebony and her eyes are yellow. Her head is covered with an embroidered green cloth.

She smiles, "Welcome to the Wayside Inn, I am Nehim. You are many, but there is room. You are welcome to stay as long as you need or until your coin purses are empty. The food is simple, but sustaining. The drinks are of good measure. Rooms are clean and affordable. Bring no grudge here, nor start one under my roof. Welcome, travelers!"

There are four other people in the room.

Actions?

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna is surprised at Nehim's courtesy, and she will give her a polite bow. "Thank you. I am thirsty," she'll say with a small grin, before looking over at the other four people to see if she can figure out what sort they might be.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo smiles and says, No worries, ma’am. We’ll be perfect angels. Appreciate the hospitality.

He walks over to the other four and introduces himself. Ahoy there. Fungo’s the name. And these are my friends. How are you called?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis finds a table and gently sets the mirror next to him, making sure it can't be knocked down or struck. He looks around, taking in the sights around him, and then remembers that we're accompanied by a cat and a bear. He smiles at the thought, and then seeing that the others have engaged with the occupants of this place, he introduces himself to Guyot and Berloiz, and makes small talk with them. He's quite fascinated that they are talking and decided to join us. In his trademark way, he introduces himself, tells them about all the goings on inside the king/queen's place that led up to this, and asks them if they are hungry.... "Come sit with me Mister Bengar... let's get you something to eat and drink. I'll bet you're hungry from being in that cage..."

OOC: Unless someone says something that captures his curiosity, Otis will sit and chat with our new friends, keep an eye on Katherine, and frequently mention that he's really hungry...

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The four patrosn are at two separate tables...

Sitting near the fire is an old man, his beard long and white. He wears a dark blue travelling cloak, a yellow linen shirt and black breeches. Several rings adorn his hands. At his side is a carved staff painted with blue and yellow sigils. A pot of tea sits on the table. He is reading over a bit of parchment. A yellow ball of light floats over his shoulder, casting light on his reading. Sitting on the table is a small white mouse busily working on a hunk of melon. You notice that the man is sitting with his boots off and his right foot is resting on a pillow placed on a stool.

Sitting at another table are three dark cloaked figures, tall and gaunt. When standing, you would hazard to guess that they are well over seven feet. Each wears a robe of dark linen with a belt of russet red leather. Hanging from each belt is a yellow cord with knots tied in it. There are tankards on the table and each holds a long clay pipe that glows red and throws off sparks when they draw on it. A cloud of green smoke hangs about them. One of them is laying cards down on the table in some pattern. Their faces are hidden by the cowls of their robes, but their hands are fine, with long fingers, and bone white.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@Fungo ~ Which table would you like to speak with first?

Nehim brings a tray of tankards of mead and pitchers of blackberry wine. She also brings trays laden with dark bread, slices of cheese and pickles. Another trencher is filled with smoked fish and another tray with slices of tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs.

The tables are clean, the fire is warm, and the food looks better than you have seen for a long while.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo approaches the three dark figures.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo walks towards the three cowled figures at the table. He gives them his winning smile and his cheeriest, "Hello!" but the words stick in his throat making him sputter bit as he takes in some of the acrid green smoke surrounding them.

The three freeze motionless when the hobbit addresses them. The one with the cards stops, his hand holds a stiff card. It is yellow with dark red markings on it. He shifts in his chair and turns to look at Fungo.

Fungo can discern a narrow face, bone white, hidden in the folds of the hood. He meets the man's eyes. They are cold. Dead cold. The most frightening thing is that the eyes are solid black. No pupils.

The man gazes at Fungo silently. He then turns away from him, shifting in his chair slightly to ignore the friendly hobbit.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter
Otis smiles at the woman as she offloads the food. He takes a big swig of ale and says quietly “Ma’am, my friends and I are looking for a stone pillar thing with lotsa magic writing on it. Do you know where we kin find something like that around here?”