Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by jcftao »

As the evening wears on, Nehim shows each of you to your rooms. The beds are comfortable and it doesn't take long to drift off to sleep...

You awaken to the smell of fried apples with spices and fresh baked loaves. The common room is set with a side table filled with a hearty breakfast.

Odimus is already at his table, foot propped up on a stool. He has a plate piled high with eggs, fried apples, and biscuits slathered with blackberry jam. Even in the throes of pain, he still manages a smile as he digs in. Upon seeing the hobbit, he greets him with, "Fungo! Nehim has set forth a veritable banquet! Why don't you grab a plate and sit down...way over there," as he points to a table in the far corner. "You must'nt upset the hostess, she told me that breakfast seating is very strict and everyone has a designated spot."

As you pull back one of the curtains, you see that it is still pitch black outside and looks like it probably will remain that way.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer rises, cleans herself (assuming water is supplied), dresses, and packs all her gear to carry downstairs to breakfast.

Seeing the buffet, she gathers some food and approaches Odimus.

"Hello, sir," the elf says with her typical smile, "I am called Moonglimmer. May I sit with you this morning?"

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar's eyes go wide at the sight of all those scrumptious breakfast choices. He pulls Nehim aside a moment, and asks, Begging your pardon, ma'am, but where does all this food come from? There is nothing outside but the road...and darkness.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo joins the others.

Looks like we slept through the whole day. Seems Bengar is asking the right questions. What exactly is this place? Seems as weird as Fairyville but without getting hunted all the time.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna is still not sure about "this fairy food" but her stomach is starting to rumble. Those apples smell good!

She'll wait to be told where to sit, awkwardly standing over by her friends :D
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis awakens and bids good morning to Katherine and Bengar. "Hope you're feeling better today, Mister Bengar. You've had quite a time of it in fairy land." He cleans up, gathers his stuff, and comes downstairs, carefully toting the mirror along. Although he hasn't been introduced to Odimus, he bids him a cheerful good morning as well.

Not being one to be bashful, Otis steps up to get a heaping plate of food, inviting Susanna to grab a plate and sit with him. "Miss Nehim, this is some tasty food. I haven't eaten this good in days. Thank you!" Once Otis has filled his belly with a couple plates, he offers to assist around the place as he is needed. If his duties take him away from Katherine, he'll ask one of his colleagues to keep an eye on her and don't let her out of their site. If the group decides to explore (Otis is not too fond of that idea) then he'll go with them, but otherwise he's all for Biz and Odimus finding the correct path back to the real world.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin is curious as well, and listens for answers to their questions while he indulges in breakfast. He'll sit with Odimus and try to pin down a date for their departure.

Maybe we can work out some sort of conveyance for the old guy to get him where we need to be to get back to our own world.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

OOC--all spells are restored after prayers and study of spellbooks.

And you also notice that Odimus is still complaining about his gouty foot...hint hint

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

:lol: totally forgot we could help the old guy

"Odimus, I think I can help your foot problem, with the help of the Green Man, if you are willing. It should just take a minute or two and you will be back on your feet."

Assuming he agrees, Erwin casts CLW on Odimus.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"You're not going to yank on my foot, are you? I am a wizard, you know. If it hurts, I'll be forced to turn you into a toad..."