Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by jcftao »

Following the path, you see no landmarks, just more cobblestone road stretching into the darkness. Eventually, you see another cobblestone road cutting across your own at an angle. It looks remarkably similar to the path you are on.

Actions?

badams30

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis scratches his chin and then sets the mirror down, unwrapping it a bit. "Miss Katherine? Do you know where we're at? This place isn't someplace I know."

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar looks around wildly. This doesn't look the same as last time I was here, he says, almost in a whimper.

The dwarf perks up at the sight of some break in the monotony, only to be crushed by the apparent sameness of the intersecting road. He slumps to the cobblestones, resting on his backside, pulling his knees up under his beard.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Katherine appears in the mirror once again. "Sir Otis, we are in the Ways. This is a place between places. The king and queen and their fae folk can use the standing stones with each, for they are much practiced at it. For others, it sometimes fails to connect the traveller directly to their destination. Put it simply, we are lost in the Ways. It is not fair to blame Bizenghast. She has the natural talent to activate the standing stone and we would not have gotten this far without her skill. My hope is that we are not too far into the Ways. Regardless, we will need to find some guidepost or person to give us directions. One word of caution--if we lose our way, we may wander forever in this black realm. Stay together and be on guard. Getting lost may be only one of our difficulties. Creatures that inhabit the Ways are unlike anything you may have ever imagined. Let us keep moving and be ever watchful..."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

tumblingdice wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:05 pm
Bengar looks around wildly. This doesn't look the same as last time I was here, he says, almost in a whimper.

The dwarf perks up at the sight of some break in the monotony, only to be crushed by the apparent sameness of the intersecting road. He slumps to the cobblestones, resting on his backside, pulling his knees up under his beard.
I love it! This is great!

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo snores.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis smiles at Katherine and covers her safely. He glances at the dwarf and says "Mister Bengar, do you want somethin' to eat? I'm kinda feelin' hungry myself." Otis pulls out some rations and water for a quick snack, offering some to the dwarf. He glances at Bizenghast and says "Fine job gettin' us away from them crazy folks back there. Let's find another of them stone things and you can get us the rest of the way home, eh?"

He glances briefly at the sleeping Fungo and says quietly "I think we should travel with him like this more often."

Once he's had a bite to eat, he'll prepare to keep moving, he has no preference in direction.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Not sure if you saw my last reply from the other thread:
merias wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:42 pm
"Agreed, let's stay on this road for now," Erwin says. He looks around at the party. "Bengar, you look a bit worse for the wear, let me help you."

Bengar seems to be the most wounded of all of us, so he gets the CLW.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:14 pm
Fungo snores.
Would someone please wake the hobbit up?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@Merias, indeed I did. I just haven't rolled the hp that he would gain.

Merias pauses for a moment and places his hands on the injured dwarf, Bengar. He concentrates on the healing power of the Green Man and his hands are wreathed in a golden glow.

Bengar feels much better now. [He has gained 5 hit points]