A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Into The Ways

Post by merias »

mythictom wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm
Cough. Turn animals! Cough
I think Erwin's abilities are such that he can only befriend a specific animal, not turn them. Ref?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Merias may befriend animals, but wouldn't be able to affect a lounge of lizards.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Unless of course, he sprays himself with Hi-Karate and puts on his white dancing shoes!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Actually, I'm going to allow it.
If Erwin wants to re-direct the behavior of the lounge of lizards, he may attempt it.
It won't be a "charm" affect like with Bane (his loverly jubjub bird), but he may be able to do something.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:14 pm
If Erwin wants to re-direct the behavior of the lounge of lizards, he may attempt it.
It won't be a "charm" affect like with Bane (his loverly jubjub bird), but he may be able to do something.
Huzzah! Erwin attempts to discourage the lizards from eating the party!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

merias wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:54 pm
jcftao wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:14 pm
Huzzah! Erwin attempts to discourage the lizards from eating the party!
He shouts "Shoo!" and waves his hands frantically?

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:56 pm
Unless of course, he sprays himself with Hi-Karate and puts on his white dancing shoes!
fantastic!
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar curses as the moths brush his face. "Get away! Get away! What is wrong with this cursed place?" The dwarf draws his spear, but then waits as Erwin tries to redirect the lounge lizards.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The lizards move through the party scrambling after the moths. Some of the lizards are confused and bite at the party's legs!

Moonglimmer, Bizenghast, and Fungo each find that a lizard has latched onto their legs and bit them, drawing blood. (Moon and Biz each take 1 hp of damage, Fungo 2 hp! Hobbit must taste just like chicken!)

Erwin raises his arms, desperately trying to think of what to do with lizards!

He must have received insight from the Green Man, for he grabs the edge of his cloak and pulls it taut, flapping it wildly and making what looks like the frill of a giant lizard! He makes a staccato croaking, sounding like nothing human.

The lizards veer off of the party and scramble after the moths following them as they flee!

'Erwin has done it!
The lizards win initiative. I rolled one attack per PC. Moonglimmer, Bizenghast, and Fungo were each hit. Dmg 1,1,2. Erwin is a cleric of Silvanus (druidish) Instead of turn undead, he has the ability to influence animals. Instead of charming one of the lizards, I had Erwin make a "Turn Undead" roll but apply it to the lizards. He had to beat a 7 on 3d6, adding +1 for Wis bonus. Erwin's roll was a 15! The lizards turn tail and move off.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Odimus says, "Well, I suppose that's one way to handle that! I hope we don't encounter any white apes, especially if they are feeling amorous."

"Let us go from here."