Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by jcftao »

connivingsumo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:33 pm
Sammich Buttonchubb

"Why thank you! Yes my friend, I made extra sure to make more than enough so we'd have extra for our journey. They should last a day or two preserved in my special bacon-fat wrap."
You know, that actually doesn't sound too bad! :lol:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The next morning comes and after a quick and delicious breakfast, the adventurers are once again at the waterfront bright and early. The captain offered to chauffer you around the bay, but he is politely declined by the group.

Sack is at his boat, a small fishing craft with one sail. He nods as you gather near the boat. "Aye, this 'ere craft ain't no patrol boat. We'll nay be glidin' o'er the water like some swan. But she'll do what needs doin'. I kin fit 'bout six or seven o' ye in here within' havin' us capsize. The weather's lookin' fair to good today, so I expect we'll be okay."

"I can't promise that you'll float well with them steel suits you're wearin'. I guess you'll be alright as long as you don't fall overboard."

Sack nimbly climbs into the craft after untying the mooring line, "Last one in, give us a good shove, okay?!"

Actions?

OOC-Guyot, Hadrian, and Berlioz will have to stay behind or you may take them against Sack's advice.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna has gone green before she goes into the boat. She wishes she hadn't had the egg breakfast! :lol:
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer will sit in front, or wherever Sack suggests she sit for balance.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo goes last, tossing in the line and shoving away from the dock before hopping in himself.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Today the trip is different. Maybe it is an uncanny sense of direction or perhaps blind luck. Most likely it is experience of someone who is in touch with the sea, an instinct instilled by many generations of fishermen. Whatever it is, the man at the rudder knows these waters.

Sack tacks back and forth out into the bay and then heads into darker waters up the north coast. The cliffs loom above, never willing to relent against the crashing waves. It is midday when he adjusts the sail and turns the fishing boat into the coast. It looks as if any moment the craft will rush into the rocks, propelled by the heaving ocean.

Needless to say, very few can hope to keep down their breakfast as the waves roll towards a dark cliff face.

Just before you resign yourself to a watery grave, the boast shoots through a small inlet. It is a hollow in the cliff face barely three boats wide. The ceiling almost scrapes the top of the mast as the boat plunges through. Sack pulls the rudder hard to port and the boat skids and shudders upon a pebble shore.

"I found this sea cave a long time ago, me and my old dad. The sea was a bit calmer that time, but we appear to be intact, not?"

"I dunno, but have you ever had a feelin' in the pit o' yer gut? Ever since Ol' Tam and the other lads went missin' I ain't slept good...kept dreamin' 'bout them men and thinking 'bout this here place."

"Maybe it's somethin', maybe not, but we got about 8 hours or so e'for the tide rolls out. Until then, this boat ain't comin' out o' that hole."

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis grabs his shield and gear and steadies himself, trying to ignore the protests of his stomach to the pitching waves. "Fine boatin', Mr. Sack. Reminds me of an old friend of mine, went by the name of Sod. He had a fine boat too... anyway, it's time for us to be gettin' to the bottom of this. We'll be back, once we check this out."

Otis carefully steps off the boat and takes in the surroundings as the others disembark and join him. He sniffs the sea air, not quite sure why, but it seems like the thing to do.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Sack," Moonglimmer says as she looks at the sailor, "What can you tell us about the Dagonites?"

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb

The chubby half-pint stumbles and tips out of the boat, clearly green in the face. "Nice sailing, Sir. Ugh, I feel miserable; I need sea legs, about twelve of'em. Ehh... I have just the cure here..." he says as he fumbles for and unwraps a meat pastie, "Oh, yes, this'll do nicely. This'll take that sea-sick away in no time!" and with a large bite, a pep-in his step, his chin magically raises revealing a smile as he rushes to catch up with the others.

Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
HP: 12
AC: 6 [13]
Super sneaky
To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
Arrows = 40

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The boat is beached on a pebble beach in a sea cave, dimly lit through the narrow passage to the sea. There are two cave passages ahead to the right of the boat.

Actions?