Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
herself

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by herself »

Haha, ooh no, so Susanna with no filter?? In that case:

Susanna looks over at the group of fancy gents and mutters, "don't know why none o' them ones in the armour couldn't have taken on a single troll!"

But if the spot they've made her is closer to the food, she'll sit down! :lol:
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin nods at Susanna's statement as he sits down next to her. Curious that relatively inexperienced adventurers seem to get dragged into these situations by the wealthy landed nobles with scores of knights and mercenaries at their beck and call. He doesn't think too much about it, however, as the food smells delicious and he digs in.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar nearly spits out his ale at Susanna's comment. He gives a chuckle, but says nothing.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:41 pm
herself wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:29 am
Susanna looks over at the group of fancy gents and mutters, "don't know why none o' them ones in the armour couldn't have taken on a single troll!"
Bengar nearly spits out his ale at Susanna's comment. He gives a chuckle, but says nothing.
Sammich giggles as well... through a mouth full of food, that is.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

A couple of the soldiers near Susanna also do a spit take!
One of them chuckles softly and says, "beg'n your pardon, milady, but we's not any better'n you. Most of the lads seated here are just regular grunts, earning our three squares a day."

"Now them's that are sittin' pretty up at the high table there...well, they be real bonifide knights. They've earned their spurs and that gives them the right to boss us around as much as they like it. I'm not sayin' that my life is bad. I appreciate the fact that my lord would rather spend coin on hiring some expendables...er....mercenaries like yourself...instead o' marchin' us down some stinking troll hole."

"So, it works out pretty good in the end. We have our fair share of fightin', mixed in with plenty o' days doing boring jobs like guardin' the keep and such. The pay's not great, but like I said, we ain't troll fodder neither."

The chamberlain returns to the great hall and discretely slips a small pouch to Lord Fynn. The lord raises his goblet and says, "Let us drink a toast to the troll slayers! You have avenged our murdered citizens and your bravery will not go unrewarded! Three cheers for the victors!"

"Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!"

More wine is poured and more food is brought out. The atmosphere is convivial and a welcome respite from the troll encounter.

Later that evening, Lord Fynn hands Susanna a small pouch. The clink of coin says it all. "This is the remainder of your payment for services rendered unto the crown...250 silver pieces. I thank you and might ask if you would stay in Isprey for a short while? If you are amenable, I may have another small mission."

Actions?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:47 pm
The clink of coin says it all. "This is the remainder of your payment for services rendered unto the crown...250 silver pieces."
At the sound of the 'clink', all that can be seen is one eyebrow, followed by a "wide eye," slowly raising above the mound of potatoes and rolls.

After an audible *gulp* the Halfling clears his throat, "Another mission, you say?"

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:47 pm
Later that evening, Lord Fynn hands Susanna a small pouch. The clink of coin says it all. "This is the remainder of your payment for services rendered unto the crown...250 silver pieces. I thank you and might ask if you would stay in Isprey for a short while? If you are amenable, I may have another small mission."
Susanna's embarrassed by what the man beside her has said. Her father was once one of these people, and she's ashamed for insulting them.

When Lord Fynn approaches and hands her the pouch Susanna blushes hard, gulps, and nods! "Ta—I mean, thanks—I mean, thank you. Uh, Sir." She looks around desperately to the others. "We can stay...I mean we don't really have other plans..."

When he's turned to go she'll whisper to Sammich, "small mission? The troll was a small mission?"

She has no idea what to do with a coin pouch. Usually she keeps spare cash down her boot but this won't fit... she'll thrust it at one of the others, wide-eyed...
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis enjoys the food, drink and company, making small talk with some of the troops present. If asked about his background, he wastes no time giving a cliffs notes version of Katherine and Yarrow and our rumble with the evil faerie nobility who had been kidnapping innocents.

He makes a point to thank Lord Fynn for his hospitality and trust and makes no secret that he's enthused about the next mission.

Once the party is over, he'll retire for the night. He'll also inquire about his share of the coin, as he intends find Sack so he can donate some of it to the deceased fishermen for a proper burial.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

herself wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:42 pm
When he's turned to go she'll whisper to Sammich, "small mission? The troll was a small mission?"
He looks up at her, face pleading, "Apparently so." he says with a bit of terror and tremble.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

herself wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:42 pm
She has no idea what to do with a coin pouch. Usually she keeps spare cash down her boot but this won't fit... she'll thrust it at one of the others, wide-eyed...
Erwin was sitting next to Susanna...

Erwin takes the pouch and tucks it away for later apportionment. A small mission would be welcome, m'lord.

Erwin looks at the others Perhaps we should rest and take this up tomorrow?