Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
herself

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by herself »

Susanna rather likes the look of that lake and the dragon, and Katherine seems nice. She might wander in from time to time and just...sit, if the others don't mind her presence.

(What has happened to Hadrian and Berlioz and the others? Have they come through as well or did they stay behind? Apologies if I missed it, I was rushing to catch up with the conversations...)

If he is still around, Susanna will ask Hadrian if any of this new place seems familiar to him. She'll also offer to help Moonglimmer. She rather likes the idea of friendly bugbears and would like to meet one.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The last you saw of Berlioz and Guyot, they had said something about looking for the wizard's wine cellar. Hadrian has been close by your side all the while. When talk turns to the witch Maub, a dark cloud crosses his face, "She is reason for all my tribe's misfortune...her and her allies. I would not be on this quest to find my daughter if that evil queen's pirates had not raided our village for slaves. She is powerful and wicked."

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:30 pm
The last you saw of Berlioz and Guyot, they had said something about looking for the wizard's wine cellar. Hadrian has been close by your side all the while. When talk turns to the witch Maub, a dark cloud crosses his face, "She is reason for all my tribe's misfortune...her and her allies. I would not be on this quest to find my daughter if that evil queen's pirates had not raided our village for slaves. She is powerful and wicked."
"And perhaps dead," Moonglimmer adds.

"But I doubt that. Evil witches have a way of returning. But I mean to find her and reclaim the Tribe's song!"

"Let us prepare for the journey. Perhaps take stock of our funds and acquire better arms and armor for those who lack it."

OOC: I think we still had like 910 silver, which should get some leather armor for the thieves, and maybe another one-handed weapon for Bengar.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Hadrian shakes his head, "No, I've not been to this land before. It is a pleasant place in the wizard's cottage, I must keep looking for my girl."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - FIghter

Otis stands in silence, wide-eyed watching Yarrow. He finally cracks a smile and waves like a curious child. "Hello, Yarrow. I ain't never seen nothin' like you before. You take care of Miss Katherine, okay?" He nods in approval and gives Katherine a sad but sincere smile. "I'm glad this place is what you like. You deserve to be happy. I'll visit when I can. I got to go find some fun bugbears and help beat down this nasty old witch. Wish me luck!"

Otis thanks Odimus for his hospitality. He says quietly "What kinda dragon is he? He's amazing. How old is he?"

Otis will spend the rest of his time at this place chatting with Katherine, and trying to speak to the dragon. He's quite curious about him and how he got here. He'll clean his gear, sharpen his sword, and prepare to journey with the others when they're ready to leave.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo mourns Bizenghast. She and I joined this group together. I suppose if she's gone, what does that mean for me?

Discovering where they are, he strongly advises against going north. That way is bad news...

Mr Odimus, I have questions about magic items. Seems there are some that are rather common, some that are rare, some that are... unique in some form or another. If someone needed to find one of the unique ones, that was maybe lost because someone took it to look at and forgot and it taken from the land and he isn't welcome there no more... so, if someone needed to find one of the unique ones, where would one look? Is there a way to track specific magical things?

Odimus is intrigued, "What have you lost that was magical, young hobbit? Young hobbits like yourself can get into all kinds of trouble taking magic items?!"

"What did this magical object claim to do? Who wants it back? The more you can tell, the more help I can give you."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin is quite content to stay with Odimus, but also anxious to set out on another adventure, and to help Moonglimmer. He'll stay as long as the others like.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar is quite suspicious of Odimus' enchanted dwelling, but distracts himself from his suspicions by overeating and drinking. He missed the initial meeting with Yarrow, but takes occasional peaks out from behind a tree to look upon him. Eventually, he comes around to sitting out in the open on the shore and waiting for the dragon's arrival.

One day, when the bulk of the group is in close proximity, he'll announce, Those fey robbed me of everything I had. I need armor, and gear. I hate to ask to borrow coin, after what you've done for me. Still, I'll be much better able to pay you back alive than dead. Can you help me?

If so, Bengar will suggest a trip into town to pick up supplies.
jcftao wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:50 pm
Odimus tells you that there is no shortage of adventure near Isprey.

The town is a seaside fishing town of about 2500 people. South of it lie the Fish Marches, an area of swamp and tidelands that borders on the territory of the Dagonites. These are your typical humans that worship fish-demons and like to kidnap fishermen for unholy ritual.
OC: As for adventure ideas, I can't imagine a dwarf being too keen on the ocean, but as a player this gets my vote!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Bengar does indeed get to see Yarrow. His patients waiting by the lake pays off, not to mention a half dozen honey cakes he found in Odimus's pantry!

Yarrow is even able to talk to the dwarf, although haltingly. "Mister dwarf, how does it feel to be out in the open, above the ground when you have lived your life in the earth? I don't like going underground, myself. Maybe that's why I'm not a very good dragon? I'd rather swim in the lake and sun myself on the island at the far end of the lake. Sometimes I get loneyly when Odimus is not around, but now I have Katherine to talk to! She is really smart and knows a lot of things, just like Odimus."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Odimus presents Moonglimmer with a document, "Here is a letter of introduction to Sir Fynn. His title is Lord Commander of the Fish Marches. Not a bad sort of fellow, I suppose. Well, if you need gear, perhaps he has work for you, maybe a quick job or two. You lot seem pretty handy with bows and the like."

"Of course, I could probably dig up some old enchanted armor and a few talking swords, but what would that do for you really? As my old mentor, Ezenburr, said, 'If you want to get anywhere in this world, you'll have to stand on your own two feet...' Unfortunately, he met a hill giant that beleved the same thing and proceeded to stand on Ezenburr's feet...and then his head."

"Anyhow, eat, drink, and take some with you. Take this letter to Sir Fynn if you've a mind to do so...otherwise I can whisk you back to the western side of Eyre through the stones. The fey may have figured you dead in The Ways by now."

Actions?