Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by mythictom »

mythictom wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:56 pm

If Susanna takes the torch, Moonglimmer will sheath her sword and draw her bow.
Moonglimmer readied her bow as Susanna tossed the torch, so she gets two bowshots, no?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo will attempt a backstab.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar, holds his position, trying to figure out what's going on based on hearing alone.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Moonglimmer fire twice at the troll...[d20=3 and 9]...the elf must be rattled because her arrows fly wide!

Susanna steps forward, mace held high and letting loose with a battle cry! [d20=2..miss!] She makes a feint at the troll and then swings, but the creature's rubbery hide deflects the blow!

OOC--I am assuming that Erwin will attack with his staff.

Erwin moves in line with Susanna and swings his staff with two hands...his blow glances off the creature! [d20=2...man I am rolling like crap for you guys!]

Otis rushes forward from behind! He swings his sword but his battle cry is cut short as he stumbles on a stalagmite! [d20=1! Sorry, everyone! :lol: ]

Fungo sneaks towards the troll. The creature is distracted and Fungo looks for a soft spot to pierce with the cutlass...He drives it point first at the troll's kidneys but the blade is stopped by the troll's rubbery hide. [d20=7! Miss!]

At the same instant, the troll slashes with long claws at Susanna! The black talons scratch across the warrior-maiden's armor but does not hurt her! [d20=6 miss!]

++++++++++++++++
Bengar can hear the echoes of battle coming from the direction that Moonglimmer and the others had gone.

++++++++++++++
Round 2 [Troll 4, PCs 3]

This time the troll turns to see what has been attacking him from behind! He spies a fat, little hobbit and his eyes light with joy...oh and rage!
He reaches for Fungo, but catch get ahold of him! [d20=2, miss!]

Actions? (If I keep rolling this poorly, the troll may just leave from lack of interest!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis will do his impression of HULK SMASH! And go into his ragey-ness.

He swings again at the troll "YOU GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY FRIENDS! I'M GONNA CHOP YOU INTO BITS!"

herself

Post by herself »

If the troll has turned to look behind at Fungo, Susanna will take a good swing at its head!
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb

Given that Sammich and Bengar were just now talking about this, the Halfling gasps! "Oh! We need to help our companions!!" he quietly whisper-yells as he runs off down the passage toward the commotion.

OOC: I assume Sammich hears the same combat/ruckus, or that Bengar shares what he hears; if not, then I guess Sammich continues to stare at the pond with his bow and arrow pointed at it.

Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 39
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

Last edited by connivingsumo on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar will turn to regard Sammich.

So, I wonder how it's going in there, he muses.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Sammich does indeed hear the commotion!

He turns and runs down the passageway, shouting something (I'd imagine) to Bengar! :lol:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis roars a challenge to the troll and his sword bites deeply into the rubbery hide! Black ichor sprays those around the creature! [d20=15 a hit even before adding on all Otis' bonuses! Damage 8!]

Susanna swings at the creature's noggin...[9...miss]...but the mace bounces off!

Anyone else want to attack the troll or try something else?